Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Love My Golden!
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just wanted to check in with the board and see what is up with our puppy. She was whining last night which is unlike her, she usually sleeps through the night. When we got up this morning we noticed one of her eyes was puffy, when we touched the swollen area she doesn't have any pain or discomfort. I have some pics here that I will post below. We think by reading around it may be pink-eye. We are taking her to the vet in a bit but we want other opinions from other golden owners!

Here is a picture of her good eye (her right)

Here are 2 of her left eye:

one that is original size for more zoomocity!!!! :p:

please let us know!!!

thanks again

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
What eye is it that has pink eye? The left eye looks a bit odd compared to her right eye in the first pic. Or is that just how the pic was angled?

Mine has Pink eye a while back and his was really red, runny and his conjuntivi was pitch red and blood shot also he was itching it.

Not sure if yours has pink eye or not as its hard to tell from the pictures.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Looks swollen like a reaction to something, possibly a bug bite? Please let us know what the vet says and I hope she feels better soon!

Reactions: LuckyPenny924

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Poor Puppy

Poor Puppy!
Please let us know what the vet says!

Reactions: LuckyPenny924

·
Love My Golden!
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was an allergic reaction like you guys said! vet looked her over, and gave her a shot of benadryl. She said if it happens again while she is a puppy to give her 1 tablet and when she is full grown 2 tablets.

Her eye is normal today and we are happy that it was only some irritation and swelling!

thanks again!!!!!!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Glad she's better. We are dealing with some chronic puffy eye issues with Ozzy and think it's likely a good allergy.

·
Casey and Samson's Mom
221 Posts
My sam had a bug or spider bite that looked even worse than that last year. Vet visit concered and Benedryl for the next couple of days helped...I do wish I knew what got him...it was November in ottawa...not much left moving!

·
Kate
21,677 Posts
Had a feeling.

Our Sammy was allergic to mosquitoes like that... his face would get so swollen he'd look like a sharpei. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts