Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I didn't want this to get lost- so posted under general rather than health-

In May, the Breeders Education Committee is skipping its normal Breeder interview series to present an educational webinar on Pigmentary Uveitis in Golden Retrievers with Dr. Wendy Townsend. This has been the most asked for subject that breeders and Golden Retriever owners have asked us to cover. 

We’re very grateful that Dr. Townsend has agreed to put on a presentation and answer questions from our audience. Dr. Townsend is the foremost researcher in this area and has been working closely with GRCA over the years to gather information. Because we would like to get as many of the questions in advance as possible, we will only be able to take questions from the people who attend the webinar via zoom. And we are asking you to please send your questions. We know there will be more questions that will come up in the course of the webinar and we will try to get to those questions that are asked on Zoom.

We have asked Ann Hubbs who is the Chair of the GRCA Health and Genetics committee to moderate this webinar with us. Breeder Education and Health and Genetic information obviously go hand-in-hand as we work to breed and manage healthier dogs.

The webinar invitation is found below and we hope you will find time in your busy schedules to learn more about this condition which can affect all of our dogs.

Hi there,

You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: May 25, 2021 04:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Pigmentary Uveitis With Wendy Townsend DVM

Register in advance for this webinar:
Welcome! You are invited to join a webinar: Pigmentary Uveitis With Wendy Townsend DVM. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the webinar.

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope you will attend and learn! But even if you miss it, it'll be available a couple days after the live event on FB and YouTube under GRCA Breeder Education Committee's page.
And that was the initial page on your contract saying be careful on grain free food and get eye exams!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I hope you will attend and learn! But even if you miss it, it'll be available a couple days after the live event on FB and YouTube under GRCA Breeder Education Committee's page.
And that was the initial page on your contract saying be careful on grain free food and get eye exams!
I know. I'm glad you informed me about it because I had never heard of it until then. I knew about grain free foods and DCM.

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,756 Posts
I'm excited for this one, and I hope everyone signs up for it.

Reactions: Prism Goldens

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
I'll miss it b/c I'll be working but I'll get to watch it when it's posted on youtube afterwards. Thank you for making this available to us. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts