Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tucker had the opportunity to play with a young Gordon Setter puppy today (absolutely gorgeous little girl). He'd met her before but ignored her. Today he accepted her offer to play and as I watched carefully he did the best job, all 65 -ish pounds of him, playing with this little tyke. He chewed on her ears, rolled her over, got her whole head in his mouth, and more, with nary a yelp or a peep from the little one. She kept coming back for more.

It was the first time he'd played with a very young puppy since he'd been one himself. I was so pleased. I've known for a while that he's a very easy-going, non-aggressive guy, but this made me very sure.

He really is a special loving guy :--heart::rockon::smooch::D and I feel so lucky to have him in my family!

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
What a great playtime for both pups and you have a right to be proud. It is great when dogs like each other and will play and proud Tucker was gentle with her. You should have gotten some pictures.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
There is nothing more fun than watching a dog, play with a puppy. For those few moments, you see your dog as a puppy again, and as a big brother. Our Tucker loves puppies too, and it is always a special time when he plays with a puppy. It is funny to also see that brief moment of panic when Tucker does that first play bow in front of their puppy, only to realize that Tucker is being super gentle and their pup is having the time of its life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts