Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Sounds pretty normal- it's her's and she wants to keep it. My guy will snap at the others over a piece of chewed up cardboard. They listen, move away, then dive for it as soon as he leaves it. No harm done.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
When we bought a new bag of dog food and emptied it in the storage container, our last dog Sophie would guard her empty dog food bag - all night if necessary - until we put it away in the recycle bin. She never had any resource guarding issues over anything at all, but she wasn't going to let that darn cat near her precious bag...

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
When we bought a new bag of dog food and emptied it in the storage container, our last dog Sophie would guard her empty dog food bag - all night if necessary - until we put it away in the recycle bin. She never had any resource guarding issues over anything at all, but she wasn't going to let that darn cat near her precious bag...
HAHAH that made me laugh!

Chloe does the same thing in my backyard :doh: The holes drive me crazy

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Sorry, I assumed you were talking about her snapping at the other family dogs.Try redirecting before she digs, direct her to a toy, or call her to you and remove her from that environment. If she is snapping at other people's dogs she is simply telling them to give her some space. Consider whether she is comfortable being around those dogs, if she is not happily interacting, but more focused on just being 'left alone', keeping her space, perhaps she needs some new friends? or is not feeling well? or just needs some 'down' time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts