273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
proplan shreded blend adult beef n rice, finished 15kg bag on 3 - 3.5cup/ day

this one, acana adult dog, finished 7.5kg bag on 2.5 - 3 cup/ day

please figure it out yourself......:)

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
sorry, they look the same to me too ?????

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
And, of course, as we say often, what one dog does well on doesn't necessarily reflect what another dog's response will be.

·
16,000 Posts
I'll add that I will NEVER feed the Shredded Blend formulas. Those "shreds" are not meat, but soy. We fought hard to have Pro Plan bring back the original formulas, and thankfully they took heed. (Given the massive flood of calls, letters, and emails they received, it would have been business suicide for them not to have paid attention - their Pro Club members comprise a quite large percentage of their overall sales, not to mention referrals...)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Shoot, I don't know what differences we are suppose to see and I signed on to ask about Acana too. I'm feeding Pacific Acana and thinking of switching to Natural Balance LID (Fish/Sweet Potato). Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I don't see much difference other than possibly more coat in the 2nd picture and a very happy looking dog. Personally, I don't know if you can really judge the cosmetic benefits of a food after just one bag - it's probably too short of a time period for the body to adjust. Without hesitation I would say that between those two foods, Acana is a much higher quality food.

I want to tell you that your Bruno has grown in the a very handsome looking fella. I remember you were so concerned a while back that he wasn't a good size, etc.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
He does look like he has more testerone when being fed Acana. Other then that and with the different lighting in the pictures...can't see a difference.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I really can't see much difference either, maybe his coat is a little heavier in the second pic but that's about it!

·
16,000 Posts
I don't see much difference other than possibly more coat in the 2nd picture and a very happy looking dog. Personally, I don't know if you can really judge the cosmetic benefits of a food after just one bag - it's probably too short of a time period for the body to adjust. Without hesitation I would say that between those two foods, Acana is a much higher quality food.

I want to tell you that your Bruno has grown in the a very handsome looking fella. I remember you were so concerned a while back that he wasn't a good size, etc.

It is generally accepted that it takes a minimum of 3 months on a particular food to see any noticeable improvements. (Going to a poorer quality food than what has been fed will surely cause problems sooner than that, ie diarrhea, itching, etc.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I don't see any difference at all either. They both look exactly the same. If you are referring to having more of a coat in the second picture, that is just part of the growing up process and is going to happen anyway regardless of the food that you feed.

·
Bruno...uuno...noo..unn.
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the difference:
1. we feed less with acana
2. look at the front leg muscle on second pict, being not exercise it's noticeable that his muscle grown so much well than the first picture
3. yes, the coat difference

i'm very surprise what a food can do just with one bag consumption.
At first pict, we finished bag twice as much as second pict.

·
16,000 Posts
the difference:
1. we feed less with acana
2. look at the front leg muscle on second pict, being not exercise it's noticeable that his muscle grown so much well than the first picture
3. yes, the coat difference

i'm very surprise what a food can do just with one bag consumption.
At first pict, we finished bag twice as much as second pict.

I believe that it is wholly coincidental, and is his natural maturing process, which would be expected at his age.

·
Bruno...uuno...noo..unn.
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Soon After i finish the 13.5kg bag of acana
i'll take another newer picture to compare again

after that, next project is surely to try pro plan performance again
Once i've used it, but i forgot to take photo, beside that his appetite was very low on pp performance

·
16,000 Posts
My suggestion would be to quit experimenting and let the dog grow up, feed him the food that he likes and that you think he is healthiest on.. With all due respect, this shouldn't be a project.
He's going to be what his genetics made him.

·
Bruno...uuno...noo..unn.
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My suggestion would be to quit experimenting and let the dog grow up, feed him the food that he likes and that you think he is healthiest on.. With all due respect, this shouldn't be a project.
He's going to be what his genetics made him.
acana is the food that i think he like better than the other, but i really have a seriously inconsistency of stool with this food. some day better stool, some other day he had a soft and sticky stool.

the best stool i really like is when we fed him pro plan performance, smaller stool, very consistent and firm. but the problem i have remember with pp performance was the "hard" kibble and poor appetite on this food.
also, the price always increased whenever i finished the bag and want to buy again. last year already incresed price by more than 50%.... so insane here..... surely it's about pro plan and eukanuba as big market petfood here.

so, i'm still searching for better food amongs the limited brand available in my country.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts