Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'm Jane, owned by Midas
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was posted on It's Raining Cats and Dogs in West Virginia

http://itsrainingcatsdogsglixman.blogspot.com/2009/12/123009-promise-is-amazing-she-is-golden.html

It doesn't say where Promise is, but I got the impression that she is in a rescue.

12/31/09 " Promise is amazing... she is a Golden Retriever mix who was physically abused."

Promise
Petra's comments.

"No, no, nooooo.... NO was the only word that was screaming in my mind when I saw what had been done to this dog. Everyone can see that someone wired her snout shut. She probably barked too much at one point and the cruel monster who owned her had nothing better to do than to wire her snout. I wished I could wire his and do so much more... This is a scar that did not happen over night. It's many days and nights of living with a wired shut snout. Not only did it leave a physical scar but it left an emotional one as well.

I named her Promise because I promised her that she would be safe from now on and that the home I would find her would only be the very best. Promise was so scared when I tried to lead her out of her cell that she would not walk. I had to pick her up and carry her outside but she would not walk outside either, so I picked her up again and carried her out into the exercise field. She sat there like a little heap of misery and every time I moved she cowered just waiting to be hit. I spoke to her as softly as I could and lightly touched her cheeks and ears and then the tears came... I finally sat there, hugging her and wetting her head with many, many tears. I have rescued a while now and I don't cry that much anymore; there are so many that you don't have tears left sometimes, but when I hugged Promise I think that I could literally feel the sadness and loneliness she is feeling. I am sitting here crying, as I am typing this because I remember that feeling again. Promise finally understood that I was there to help her and she put her head in my lap and sighed... When I got up a while later, she followed me around and did not let me out of her sight. When I left to get another dog, she looked very lost and cried out for me. I kept her in the exercise field the whole time I was temperament testing other dogs and she helped me with all of them. She enjoyed being around most of them and even pounced with a few, which was such a joy to see. When it was time for me to do some paperwork, I brought her into the little rescue shed/office and closed the door. She laid by my feet, content, just looking up at me every now and then and of course I'd pat her on her head and tell her what a good and beautiful little girl she is. All the time that I was around Promise, she made me feel like I was the most important person in her life and she had only met me today and here I am a human! Imagine that, she is trusting a human after just a little while when it was another "human" who misstreated and beat her... The forgiveness of dogs blows me away time and time again.

Promise is amazing... She is a Golden Retriever mix and is fully grown at about 2 years of age. She is medium in size and only weighst about 40 pounds. Her coat is thick and long and she has a fan tail. As mentioned before, she is good with other dogs and she has a great need for affection; therefore, the best home would be one with a family where someone is home quite a bit. She will not be allowed to go to a home with small children because Promise will mouth begging for attention, which could hurt a small child.

If you can help Promise, please contact Petra at "[email protected]

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
How heartbreaking that she was treated this way and how typical that she was immediately willing to trust someone again.
thank god someone good found her and will make sure she gets the life she deserves.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
I just can't believe there are monsters in the world who treat animals like that.. :( I'm so glad she got a 2nd chance at life.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think 2010 will be a very Happy New Year for Promise...she will certainly find a wonderful home and live a long, happy and content life with someone who loves her as much as she will love them.

(Trying SOO hard not to cry, as I'm at work.)

Lots of love to her, and to you for rescuing her. :)

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
OMG I am sitting here balling my eyes out, I will never understand how someone could be so cruel, what a monster! Boy would I like to get my hands on them for just one minute! This makes me sick!

I am so glad Promise has been rescued from whoever was so horrible to her and she has the promise of a new life where she will be loved and cared for forever. If I didn't already have my four I would take her in a minute!

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,076 Posts
Tears are happening......

I can't fathom anyone treating an innocent animal that way....I would like to find this person and wire something else!!!

Hopefully promise will soon get a new loving permanent home....she certainly deserves it.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Promise

This girl grabbed my heart today to.
If anyone can adopt or rescue her and is in GA where Petra Brooks can still check on Promise, please contact Petra right away.
[email protected]

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Ok the tears are just pouring. What a sweet girl. No animal or person deserves what happened to her. It just amazes me the ability to forgive.

·
Registered
81 Posts
:mad: What a sad story ,it really shows us humans up (well half).We think we can do as we like,we should really take a good long look at ourselves i can only say its pathetic sad twisted person who done that and should be put to sleep themselves :mad: (RANT FINISHED).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I logged on to post this poor girl, after reading about her on the Petfinder forum, and found her already here. I wish I could take her.

That sad, hopeless look in her eyes....people make me so mad sometimes. She seems like she is really a good dog in spite of the horrible treatment. I would not be so forgiving, believe me.:(

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Petra

I emld. Petra to see how things are going for Promise and Petra said she has an offer to foster Promise.

I don't think she's found a close Georgia Rescue for her yet.
Petra wants to keep Promise close to her so she can check on her.
Petra is with new beginnings animal rescue in Georgia.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts