Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the stinkiest stuff I have ever smelled. Truly gut wrenching horrible. It is for flea/tick and only out since 2007 but found it was good for localized/generalized demodex mange too.

Coop had small breakout of demodex so 1 mo of ivermectin daily. Scraping came back negative but Vet decided 1 more month to be sure. It is a liquid put on his back and about twice the amount that is in Frontline Plus for his weight. The Vet tech administered it and ran...I soon discovered why. The smell in that closed exam room was turned into a gas chamber, like a skunk had sprayed. I bent down to check Coop and his eyes were watering too!! We ran out of that small room to a bigger area, but smell followed. They told us the smell would diminish as it dried, and it partially has, but the skunk smell is now on my coat, in my car...seems everywhere and Coop still stinks though nothing like before, but still a very skunk smell!

Though this is good for his mange and we must get through this, I can't imagine anyone using this on a regular basis. Two days later and the other dogs still stay away from him. Uck - don't blame them at all. He also can't be bathed for 1 week, sure hope each day is better and hope the smell in the house, car goes away in time.

Seems like they could do something about the smell doesn't it??

·
3 goldens
11,923 Posts
I have read a number of times about the stnech, and also my vt no longer carries it for that reason. None of the techs wanted to put it on dogs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts