Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a couple of months ago that there was some very dark plaque/staining on Izzy's back molar on either side on top. I have called the vet and we are going in Wed to have it looked at. It will not brush off and is up against the gum line. She is too young for this to be happening.

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Does she chew on anything? Bones, nylabones, bully sticks? I find brushing doesn't help much for those areas, but the nylabones sure do... I can tell when they haven't chewed in a while, they get exactly what you've described.

·
& Golden Roxy And Roo To
2,023 Posts
I just checked Roxy back molars Joyce. Shes clear. I wonder if you couldnt get her a large raw beef bone and remove the marrow and than refeeze and give it to her? There is very little meat on the raw bones I give roxy....really a scant amount. Its the richness of the marrow that will give her the runs if she chews it for too long and gets too much of it out.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She chews on nylabones, marrow bones, antlers and eats her kibble dry.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might have to try getting her a real raw bone rather than what she has. The groomer looked at it yesterday also and said that it looks like food might be getting trapped up there and causing the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts