Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came home yesterday and within minutes hear Hubby yelling for me. He is in the bathroom (didn't close door firmly) and he is trying to have a private moment with a zillion dog "eyes" looking at him. I swear every animal we had was scrunched into that small bathroon, silently "looking" at him. He is half-mad, I am holding my sides laughing as I try to intice the pets out and let him retain some dignity.

Anyone here also have no privacy? I guess I am used to it (I use the bigger bathroom), first the daughters, then the dogs, not much difference in my mind. Personally I wouldn't..no couldn't stay in the bathroom with my husband in there doing his business!! Haaa:yuck:

DH acted like he was embarrased! :confused:

Men, he will pee on a tree in the pasture, but doesn't want the dogs staring at him in the house in the bathroom, says he can't concentrate.

I am sorry and do not mean to offend, but this was such a funny thing to me and don't know if it was seeing so many dogs absolutely still, staring at him or that he was embarrassed. Dogs follow me everywhere, so I never even think about it. Didn't realize others might not feel this way.

I promised (snicker, snicker) to keep the gate closed and he said he will remember to completely close his door. Compromise,this is the answer (BIG snicker).

·
Registered
389 Posts
I take my pup in the bathroom with me and close the door so I know she isn't getting into anything! I have 2 daughters also so I guess I am used to someone being in there with me! LOL! My husband would never do that!

·
luverofpeanuts
154 Posts
Came home yesterday and within minutes hear Hubby yelling for me. He is in the bathroom (didn't close door firmly) and he is trying to have a private moment with a zillion dog "eyes" looking at him. I swear every animal we had was scrunched into that small bathroon, silently "looking" at him. He is half-mad, I am holding my sides laughing as I try to intice the pets out and let him retain some dignity.
:agree:

These precious moments deserve to be captured in photo; remember to have a camera handy at all times, so the next time it happens you can capture the moment forever.

:jamming:

lol we remodeled the bathroom a few years ago. We put a pocket door in place of a regular door because the door just got abused with cats scratching to get in, dog tails banging away, or just getting hit as dogs went in and out. Privacy is out, dignity is redefined here. The door is just rarely closed.

Ultimately, the main reason the Peanuts like the bathroom is they think there is treasure in the covered waste can... they like to see if they can find their way into it often. <sigh>

Funny!

·
Mom to 9 :)
2,383 Posts
I can't remember the last time I went to the bathroom WITHOUT having at least two dogs keeping me company. Normal and doesn't bother me . . . but DH also prefers his privacy. Go figure.

Reactions: Deber

·
Registered
203 Posts
Our kids, dogs and CAT follow me, ALWAYS! For some odd reason our cat completely freaks when my DH walks into the bathroom when she is in there or if he walks in the kiddos room to say goodnight and she is on the beds (possessive???) although she will lay on the couch with him while he watches tv? BUT the minute he goes to use the bathroom, #1 or #2 she charges after him and jumps and rubs and purrs non-stop, go figure!?!?!?!

·
Megan, Moose's Mom
746 Posts
haha good now i know my dog isn't weird! lol moose likes to sit down and put his paw on your lap.. lol but i can't make too much of a fuss.. when i'm home alone i just close the door over so he just barges in.. when i do close it i feel bad because you can hear him banging off the door.. he also like to stick his head in the shower when someone is in it..

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Husband would kick the bucket if Kye or Coop stepped into the shower with him. Darn, now going to HAVE to try it and see what DH does! Haaaa! Mine do sit with their heads hanging over the bathtub as I take my bath and Coop has even drank. Glad I seldom use oils, but I don't know what privacy means in the bathroom. Glad I am not the only one.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I thought that was just part of being a pet owner and mother. I cannot remember the last time I have had a moment by myself in the bathroom.

Mackenzie for some reason when anybody takes a shower, needs to lean up again the shower door. She presses her ear against it. I think she likes the vibration or sound of the water. I have never had another dog do that.

... and yes, I often see a cat paw under the door too.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Dogs always in the bathroom with me but I say 'privacy please' and Angelina looks away! Its true!!!!

Also it is winter so if they swim and we come home and it is getting cold (like every Sunday) I put them in the shower with me and give them showers with shampoo. I have a shower head attached to a hose so can rinse them really well, then they are soft and smell good all week. So no, modesty doesn't exist in my house hold!

Thanks for the laugh!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Close the door????????? My guys would be pawing at the door & whimpering if I every (God forbid) closed the bathroom door.

We joke around our home that I'm not "capable" of going to the bathroom without my three golden boys keeping watch over me. ;);)

When we have friends over, I always use the bedroom ensuite because I don't have to close the door.

Privacy???????? I honestly don't know what that is.

A bath is accompanied by three golden boys who keep dropping their balls in the bath water, drinking the water & licking me when I get out.

What would I ever do without my golden boys ;);)

Reactions: fostermom

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yeah, I don't let my dog go into the bathroom with me. I close the door. Sometimes he barks or whimpers while I'm in there, but, too bad, there have to be some boundaries in life.

He gets to ride around with me in the car a lot, though.

·
Registered
320 Posts
lol too funny, our bathroom doors only get closed if we have company, maple always waits long enuff after i get in the shower that i forget im waiting for her to show p stick her head in and start licking my knees and of course make me squeal lol

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
My dogs come in the bathroom with me when we have company and when we go to someone elses' house. We do close the door once we're in there and it is always crowded!
Sasha sits and puts his paws on my knees!!

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
how can you resist a "toilet hug"?? Its practically the best!!! !LOL

·
Registered
203 Posts
Our golden Moose just turned 1 2 days ago and he has ALWAYS watched us bathe and drink the tub / shower water as well. My husband just asked a couple days ago if Moose would jump in if we allowed it (all 80 pounds of him). I don't think he would, although he has never been invited.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts