Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Pride’s owner turned him over to YGRR when financial hardship made it impossible for her to properly care for him. Pride had been a gift from a relative as a puppy, and he had lived with his owner for his entire seven years. He loved to be hugged and to cuddle on the couch and watch Scooby-Doo. Then his owner lost her job. When she ran out of dog food she had no money to buy more. She rummaged through her cabinets and tried feeding him peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but noticed he was starting to lose weight. Because she loved her sweet and friendly boy, she made the difficult decision to surrender him to rescue.
Pride was picked up by volunteers and driven to one of the vet hospitals that we work with. He had a complete physical exam and was neutered. He then came back to Riverview to settle in. Pride was a happy boy who enjoyed going for walks and playing outside. He loved tennis balls, but was not content to have an ordinary one - no, Pride had to have the jumbo tennis balls that he could barely fit in his mouth!
Pride didn’t have to wait long for the perfect adoptive home. His adopter reports that he is perfect, wonderful, and she absolutely loves him. Pride, now “Riley,” enjoys plenty of attention, walks, and playtime. He is well-behaved and gentle, and wants nothing more than to please. He knows where all his canine friends live in the neighborhood, and if they are not out, he stops and looks around for them. He also makes everyone in the neighborhood laugh because of his fascination with two scarecrows down the road – he stops to gaze in wonder at them each time he passes! Riley’s new owner says she doesn’t know who rescued whom – she is very thankful to have him. As for Riley, he is very spoiled and is, well, living the life of Riley!

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
What a sad story at the beginning... my heart aches for the woman who had to make that kind of decision. He is a beautiful and lucky boy that he had a mother that loved him so much that she could let him go.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I am so sad for Prides Mom having to give him up but she was so brave to think of his well being first instead of her own. And bless Reiley in his new furever home. May he know happiness the rest of his life. He sounds like a wonderful boy.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Riley

My heart breaks for Riley's Mom, but she had the ultimate love for him-to give him up so that he would have a better life.

Reactions: CAROLINA MOM

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Mom's love is deep and special. What it took for her to give him up must have been heartbeaking, but like Moms since time began she thought of her son before herself. I am so glad he found a loving home and I hope his original Mom knows he is loved and cared for.

Reactions: CAROLINA MOM
1 - 8 of 8 Posts