Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr. C got a very nice christmas surprise this morning from our mail lady. What a thoughtful thing to do! He went for the biscuit right away. I told him he has to stop barking at her from now on. :)
Here's a few pics of my boy - he doesn't like the camera so no smiles but he was pleased.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
That's awesome!

My mom gets her newspaper delivered by two young children and every year they left a dog biscuit in the mailbox with a ribbon tied around it at Christmas time.

Then when Reece came along, they left two biscuits!

It was such a kind and sweet gesture from two little kids.

It's nice that people are still in the spirit of giving :)

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Aw, that is so nice!!! Lucky boy!

Reactions: C's Mom

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
When we're walking Ben we frequently see the same mail-lady in a nearby neighborhood. (She's not the one who does our street). She'll often stop her truck and get out to give him some love. He loves seeing the mail truck pass and is always a bit surprised when it doesn't stop to say hello.

One day I was walking Ben and the Fedex truck drove past. Ben barked at the loud engine and jumped after it. The truck stopped and backed up. The driver asked, "Can I give him a biscuit?" I said yes, and Ben got a treat from the Fedex truck. He doesn't get nearly as upset now when he hears that engine either.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
That was so nice of your mail lady (and yes, it does look like Mr C wasn't liking his picture being taken in the first shot)

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
(and yes, it does look like Mr C wasn't liking his picture being taken in the first shot)
As soon as I put the camera in my hand he will not look at me. I call him Mr. Personality during picture taking time.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Now he is going to bark louder at the mail lady because she "fogot" his biscuit.

(Well, that's what would happen at my house anyway)

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I have almost no pictures of my third golden, Chance. He was about 5 years old when I got him and he never did get over his fear of the camera (and many other things). I couldn't even get good pics with a zoom lens.

UPS and FedEx here keep biscuits in their trucks. Copper and Chance would run up to them as soon as they got there and well, Copper would do his best to get in that truck. He so wanted to help open the packages.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts