Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realise that most people here are busy waiting for the cold and snow that comes with winter, but here in Melbourne we are just experiencing the first of our summer weather. Our hottest days here hit 40 degrees celcius or more (about 105+ fahrenheit) but we mainly hover beteen 27 and 35 celsius (80-95 fahrenheit).

What can I do to help Jesse through the heat this summer? Any tips? Obviously walking when it's cooler in the morning/evening and making sure she has plenty of water and shade...what else though? From what I have seen so far (and we haven't had any HOT weather yet) she doesn't really like the heat at all!! I am particularly worried about her overheating when she is playing in the park with other dogs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there
Here in Sacramento the temperatures are about the same in the summer. I bought my Golden a kiddie pool that he uses quite a bit in the summer, but mostly he just spends his days in the air-conditioned indoors. Walks only early morning and late evening.
Maybe a dip in the kiddie pool in the afternoon. Not much you can do about it, just keep the dog cool.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts