Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2852 Posts

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to start a new thread to keep you updated on Selka instead of the amputate thread (UGH.. hate that title)

I am putting him on a grain free food to go with the starve cancer feeding theme. I also ordered a Cancer Support capsule when I ordered his Digestive Enhancer from Nature's Farmacy. Along with fish oil, gluc/chondroitin and his pain meds hopefully we are doing the best for him.

You are all amazing. Those of you who have gone down this road and those of you who haven't. It takes so much love and courage to read these threads when it would be easier to enjoy your healthy dog and stay in denial. I so appreciate all of you who are holding my hand and sending love and prayers to Selka.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
You have all of my love and prayers. I only wish I could be there in person to hold your hand.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Love, hope, and strength are coming with prayers to you and Selka. I don't know why, but I feel like I know Selka and want him to have as much quality time as possible with you. Please give him a good scratch behind the ears for me.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Debles

Debles

Offering you and Selka love and support and just listening, helps all of us, too!
Please give Selka a BIG KISS AND HUG for me!!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Oh dear! Prayers are on the way!

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Deb, my friend, it is an honor to hold Selka and the rest of your family in my thoughts and prayers. I truly believe there is much power to group prayers.... esp forum prayers!

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
As a previous post said I also feel like I know Selka, maybe because I've been down this road several times and Selka reminds me of Sundance. Sending hugs and prayers to you, Dan and Selka. You are doing all you can for your sweet boy and I'm praying for a miracle.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
http://landofpuregold.wordpress.com/

Rochelle Lesser at land of Puregold just wrote a blogpost about Selka. I am looking into the treatments she mentioned and called my vet to see if they can get this protocol.

Rochelle has been a big fan of Selka since she saw him on Golden Retriever Weekly. : )

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
You are admirable,too!!.
Having lost,Priska,from cancer,I know all too well,how it feels!.Take loads of pixs,give him love and the quality of life,he deserve and never ever,doubt yr decision.
Take him swimming,if he loves it as it will be gentle,on his joints.
Hugs and prayers,coming from Florida!.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I love that picture of Selka with his frisbee!! Absolutely gorgeous. Maybe this treatment is worth looking into.

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,621 Posts
I also clicked on the blogspot that Rochelle of Land of Pure Gold did for Selka.

It would be great if your vet thinks that trying the biosphorates for Selka might work. More prayers and hugs for all of you.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
You are constantly in my thoughts Deb...I am just so sorry...

I always say to Kevin, "thank goodness I have the forum, for when something happens to one of our girls...there are so many people who understand". I know it doesn't make the pain go away, but we are always here. xoxox

·
she'll always be the one
2,452 Posts
Lots of love and good thoughts for Selka, you and your family.

I gave Meggie a supplement called L-Arginine, it's a natural amino acid that fights tumors and is the ingredient in the Hills cancer food that has some actual research to backup the fact that it works. We went through many pounds of it. I ordered mine from iHerb and used the Now brand.

1 - 20 of 2852 Posts