Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thoughts and prayers with you. I just lost my lab to this horrible illness. Her's was not treatable and was given a month to live. She stayed with me for 6 months which I believe was due to love, diet and supplements. I cut out all carbs plus gave Flax oil and yoghurt. Can't recommend this diet enough.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
So sorry to hear about Bentley's diagnosis. Cancer sucks, no other way to term it. Sounds like a great prognosis. Hopefully you will have plenty of quality time left with him. Can totally relate to the sleeping on the floor thing...been there done that unfortunately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our Darby has this cancer and is inoperable due to a very bad heart. Our dog is almost 11. How old is your dog? We have had this diagnosis since September. Today he is not doing well. I know what you are going through. Wish my boy was able to have the operation because I heard you can have extremely good results. God bless you and your wife and Bentley

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
So so sorry for what Bentley is going through and how difficult this is for you and your wife. Try and stay positive and enjoy each moment. None of us is guaranteed a tomorrow All we have right now is today :). Continued prayers and well wishes.

·
Registered
17,479 Posts
Prayers and positive thoughts continuing for your precious Bentley.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks again everyone. I find myself re-reading all your posts every morning to start my day and remain positive. Bentley is only 6.5 years old, so i hope we still have some years ahead of us for him to live a normal fruitful life. Yesterday was the very first day we got him out of the house and back to normal activity(sort of). We went to my parents house for fathers day, and my parents house is one of Bentley's favorite places and of course his Grandma & Grandpa are his next favorite people in the world. So happy to see him barking his high pitch "HELLO" bark as soon as we walked in the front door, rolling on his back on the carpet(we have hard wood floors, and my parents have wall to wall carpet) and following my mom all over the kitchen and garage as she cooked up fathers day lunch. Here are a few pics from yesterday's at Bentleys Grandmas house. Yesterday was a GOOD DAY. Hope we have many more good days.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
So glad to hear yesterday was a good day :) :) :). Try and stay positive and take it one day at a time. Bentleys such a handsome boy :)

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Awww such sweet photos of your beautiful boy! I am so glad he had a good day yesterday. Continuing to keep you and Bentley in my thoughts and prayers. Sending a hug for Bentley.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,217 Posts
Bentley is such a good looking boy. Great to hear you all had such a good day.

Stay positive........ make the most of each and every day and I pray you have many more days to come.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
So happy to see that Bentley is doing well and I pray he continues to do well and beats this! Stay positive for him and enjoy every day with this special boy.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I follow you on instagram and saw the medical posts. I didn't put two and two together until now. My heart is breaking for you guys but hoping, praying, and wishing for lots of healthy and happy days together in the future!

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
Such a handsome boy!
Living in the moment, goldens are experts for that.
Sending good vibes for many, many good years.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hi everyone. Just wanted to say thank you again and give you a quick update. Last Wednesday marked Bentley's 1 week post his first Chemo treatment. We went in to do his 1 week blood work & everything came back "normal" per the oncologist. I found him to be still very tired & sluggish Thursday & Friday(days 8 & 9 post chemo), which worried me. The oncologist confirmed that days 5-8 for their very first chemo treatment are typically the hardest, so not to worry. Bentley surprisingly woke me up at 530am on Saturday morning as he ran & jumped up on the bed asking for his breakfast! He was feeling MUCH BETTER :) Had his bfast & let him out to the backyard & he sprinted up passed the deck & out to the grass yard area, then ran back after he was done - Like I hadn't seen him do since the day before his surgery. I was so worried I would never see him run back into the house like that again. I was soooooooooo happy.
I proceeded to start the weekend off as we usually did with a trip to my parents house where my Aunt & Uncle & my cousin were in town visiting from overseas. Bentley trotted into my parents house & did his normal high pitched bark to say hello. Then began to play with my cousin for next next hour or so. We tried to keep it to a minimum so as not to over tire him out. We also gave him a bath yesterday which we havent been able to do in over a month since his surgery(he usually gets a bath every other week). So hes all clean and happy.
Here's just a few pics from our GOOD WEEKEND. So happy for the good weekend. Thanks again for all your well wishes & prayers.

Attachments

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
Sweet boy!
I am glad you had good weekend, praying for every weekend to be as good.
Sending you love and hugs from Charlie and me.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Bentley

So glad that you and Bentley had a great weekend.

He is a BEAUTIFUL boy!!

·
Registered
17,479 Posts
Great to see him looking happy, he's a gorgeous boy!.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,217 Posts
Your beautiful Bentley looks great.
Great to hear you all had a good weekend.

Hope you have a great 4th and Bentley continues to do well.

21 - 40 of 168 Posts