Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sweet sweet sweet boy Bentley had surgery 2 weeks ago to remove a tumor from his intestines. Biopsy came back as intestinal carcinoma. Surgery went very well & they removed the entire tumor(actually cut the portion of the intestines around it) and there are no signs of anything else in his entire xrays, ultrasound and lymph nodes.
Met with his oncologist yesterday and we started his chemotherapy yesterday. He is going to do 6 treatments(1 every 3 weeks).

My wife and I are completely shattered. I ask for your love, support & prayers for my Baby Boy's fight against this evil disease and that my wife & I have the strength to endure all of this.

Thank you
Miguel

·
Super Moderator
16,917 Posts
I am so very sorry to hear that you are facing this, I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers across the miles to you and your precious Bentley.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this about Bentley. Hugs and puppy kisses to him.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,527 Posts
I am so sorry for this news. Sending good thoughts and prayers for sweet Bentley. Hope it ends up well, he is young and will fight for you. Hugs to you all.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Wishing you all the best of outcomes. I'm chanting "Beat it Bentley"! over and over. My coworkers think I'm nuts, but hey, it's for a good cause.

BEAT IT BENTLEY!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Sending out good thoughts for Bentley and you....

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Im sorry to hear this about your Bentley... I wish and pray everything was found, and Bentley continues to have a wonderful life!!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks so much everyone for the thoughts, well wishes & prayers. Its been an incredibly difficult last 2 weeks. I tried many times to come over here to post from the first day of the tumor surgery, but just broke down every time I saw all the pictures of the goldies on the site. Anyway, Bentley did incredibly well post surgery. He went in at noon 2 Wednesdays ago to the emergency ER at Sage Hospital and went in for surgery that afternoon to remove the tumor. They had thought he would have to stay till Friday or Saturday, but released him 24 hours later on Thursday evening. The 14 days post surgery were very difficult as he was so drugged and drowsy and weak, and waiting to see the oncologist the day his staples were taken off (this last Wed). Both my wife & I took 2 weeks of vacation to be both at home with him 100% of the time. We both slept on the couch and the floor in the living room of our house, so he wouldnt need to go up & down stairs where our bedroom is during his recovery. He healed up incredibly well with zero issues. Normal appetite, pee & poops all normal from 3 days after surgery :)
When we met with the Oncologist, she reiterated what the Surgeon said in that they had removed everything and his full xrays & ultrasound were completely clear and the cancer had not spread. Which, is the best news considering the given situation. She then recommended a few options, but her #1 recommendation was to immediately start chemo as a 6 treatment plan once every 3 weeks, which should hopefully give him the best chance of the longest period of time for the cancer not returning. This of course, we agreed.
I left him there and came back 4 hours later to pick him up. As always, he is the happiest Boy and the star of the show at Vet. Everyone at the oncology wing came out with him to meet me and said he was the happiest boy they had and brought so much happiness to everyone there. He is such a special, special Boy.
Hes been "ok" since we brought him home from his first Chemo. I can tell he feels a little off, but hes still as hungry and happy as can be. We havent been able to take him for a walk yet, as the surgeon wants to keep his activity to a minimum until this Sunday to be sure his incision areas heal as well as possible.
I guess we just have to take this day by day and "pretend" everything is fine until it isnt. Im trying to "pretend" but it is so hard. We dont have kids and Bentley is the love of our life.
Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for all the support.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
He's such a handsome boy! I'm so sorry you've been through so much with him lately. It sure sounds like he's a trooper!

·
Super Moderator
4,374 Posts
So sorry to hear that Bentley and your family are having to fight the dreaded "C word." We'll be thinking of you all and praying for a long, happy life for your sweet boy.

·
Super Moderator Leader
44,863 Posts
Great to hear Bentley is doing well and continues to be his happy self.

Really sorry you all are going through this. Take things one day at a time, be strong for Bentley, he's counting on you.

Continued thoughts and prayers to you all.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Migs, so sorry to hear about Bentley. I am so hopeful though that all the other diagnostic tests are coming up clear. I can only imagine how heartbreaking this is for you and your wife.
Special healing energies being sent from one bro to another!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Just seeing this now. I am so sorry for all that you and Bentley have been thru these past weeks. He is a lucky boy to be so very loved by his mom and dad. I am sending positive thoughts and prayers for all of you and hoping that Bentley continues to do well with his chemo. Sending a hug for your gorgeous boy.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,527 Posts
I am glad X-rays & ultrasound were completely clear and the cancer had not spread. Bentley is a fighter for sure and he has such a loving family.

Goldens are so special, they bring happiness in our lives and smiles to many. Sometimes in the morning at busy hour, when we are at 4 ways crossing, my Charlie just sits there and watches cars passing by, and I can see people smiling at him and I feel proud of him, like you are proud of your boy, as I know he made a day happy for many of them. That's what your sweet Bentley did in the clinic and that's what our goldens do. They are changing lives. They teach us to be happy and live in the moment, one day at a time.

Sending good thoughts and prayers, hugs to your sweet boy.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
So glad to hear that Bentley is good, and continues to be good.... I wish you all a speedy recovery, and hope that Bentley is back to normal in no time... I will continue to keep Bentley in my prayers...

1 - 20 of 168 Posts