Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could keep my sister's golden, Comet in your prayers it would be appreciated. She fears it is time for him to go to the bridge. He has been having issues with the use of his back legs and has fallen a couple of time the past few days. He also has had episodes where he does not seem able to see her. Comet is 12. She rescued him at the age of 9, after Comet bounced from home to home all his life. His last owner returned him to the rescue because he was "too needy". The first time my sister groomed him, she found the scars left around his neck from the chain of of a previous owner. She wept when she found them. He is such a sweet dog. He overcame being a dog that was afraid of every noise (even bacon frying in a pan) and hiding. He had no idea how to play when she first rescued him. My sister lost her other golden last year, so I know this will be especially hard losing Comet. My sister feels wonderful about his life with them, but she is very sad. If it is time, it is time. Please pray for strength and peace in the midst of whatever they need to deal with.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
Sending prayers to Comet and his family. I'm so glad he was able to feel love for the last few years of his life.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Many prayers for Comet and your sis. Hope the vet is able to give hope for more quality time.

Reactions: Phillyfisher

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Prayers for your sister and Comet. It sounds like Comet and she saved each other.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I am feeling so sad for your sister and for Comet. They are blessed to have found each other.
Maybe some different meds can help his back end to give him more quality time. God bless them both.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I'm so sorry that your sister is possibly facing the loss of Comet. Will light a candle and keep them both in our thoughts and prayers. Will pray that he is able to have more time that is free of pain. So glad that these last 3 years, he has come to a forever home that is full of love.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is with great sadness that I must say my sister helped Comet to the bridge this morning. He was no longer able to stand and the vet detected a large mass in his abdomen. While my sister is sad, she is at peace and knows God is with her. Thank you so much for all your prayers.

Run free sweet Comet. Say hello to Riley, Emma, Hanna, Gus, Prince, and Tess for us. You will always have a special place in our hearts...

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
I'm so sorry for your sister's loss.

RIP Comet.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Just catching up on Comet, so so sorry that Comet has gone to Rainbow bridge....your sister is wonderful for saving Comet when he needed it most, sounds like he persevered with alot....prayers for your sister, that she remember all the great loving times she had with her sweet Comet....RIP Comet....run free....

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I'm so sorry. Hugs for your sister. Comet.... Godspeed dear one. You are forever treasured and loved.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
I am sorry sweet Comet had to leave. My deepest condolences to your sister for her great loss.
Rest in peace Comet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts