Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive chute that will hold up for practicing with a golden. Kayla is still not comfortable with the chute so I want to practice more at home. I have used sheets to practice with her and she is ok with that, but it is not translating to the chute in class. Is the one with a fabric barrel portion strong enough?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Be really careful. Neither of my dogs could care less about getting tangled in a chute or anything, but it's the last thing you need with a dog who's already having problems. If there's a nice solid chute at wherever you take class, you might want to ask about just coming early or staying late to work on it. It's convenient to have a helper anyways.
This is a VERY important point. The last thing you need is a low quality chute coming apart, rolling, or moving and getting your pup tangled up in it. I agree with seeing if you can stay late or come early.
Definitely the last thing I want is for her to become more afraid of the chute because I screw up and don't secure it properly. I guess I'll see if I can get more practice time on the one at her class before I try to venture out on my own. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.