Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Potential New Puppy! - Liberty Lions Watch, breeder & sire/dam review please

932 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Oceanside
My fiance and I have chosen a new puppy to add to our family. We're incredibly excited! The dog will be purely an active family pup, nothing for show or breeding or anything like that. Please let me know what you think as we've ton tons of research but would love more experienced opinions. The Male/Father has some questionable breeding on his mother's side from a ways back but I'm not sure how concerning that is:

Breeder is Debbie Koons of Liberty Lions Watch
Sire: Ace CH Maximus Golden Trip The Three Musketeers Aramis
Dam: Evi Liberty Lionswatch Evi Rose

Any red flags here?

Thank you!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,179 Posts
Overall, I think it’s fine. The sire is well known. Breeder and stud dog owner are both good. Depth of clearances could be better, which is what I assume you’re referring to? Do you mean questionable stuff with the dam’s maternal granddam and her pedigree? Or the sire’s maternal granddam and pedigree?

· Lead Super Mod + Administrator
3,411 Posts
Also, the Goldentrip side is from Brazil. A lot of American breeders have Goldentrip in their lines. The health testing isn’t quite the same in Brazil, but they send dogs to the US to be shown pretty often and usually get clearances while they are here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.