Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've always bathed Brooks myself, but decided to take him as we will be renting a place for a month and I wanted to reduce the amount of hair he distributes there.
Questions:
As part of the grooming, they did a "sanitary" clip (never heard of this before) and he now seems very interested in what happened to the end of his penis. It looks very closely clipped but the skin seems fine. Should I do anything to prevent his licking it to prevent irritation?

They trimmed his nails. I don't want them to scratch the floors of the rental unit. I didn't buy those nail cover things (and don't have time to go back to purchase). Has anyone ever tried putting a bit of clear nail polish on nail tips and would that help?

Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
He looks good. I am sure that he will eventually leave his penis alone. I would bet that although the skin looks fine it may be a little irritated from the clippers. You may be able to put some Fooey/Bitter Apple on his stomach near the base of his penis to deter him from the area. I'm sure in a few days he will be fine. If you're crafty, making a belly band would be fast and efficient.

Regarding the nails, I have no clue if the nail polish would work or not. If he will let you, Dremel the nails once more before you leave.

Have a great trip!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
From what I heard clear nail polish may help, but alot of times it's the pressured applied that'll scratch hardwood. He may not scratch the floors as easily, but it certainly won't prevent it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts