Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be possible to change the titles to add a note when a dog gets rescued?
I'm afraid the ones who still need help get kind of lost in the other threads.
Plus we would know right off to start celebrating when they are safe!

Can the OP do that or does it have to come from a moderator or admin?

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
It might help just to notify the mods that the dog has been rescued and they can close and lock the thread with the last post saying...Rescued????

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Only Mods or Admin can change the title but I would be more than happy to add rescued on the dogs. Just PM me with the thread and I will add it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
As long as you are able to edit your original post you can change the title. Just go to the advanced edit and it is at the top.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's pretty bad (or do I mean sad???) that a new member has to tell me how to do things on here.:confused: I's senile.:doh:

Thanks RockingK and Beaushel for your help. both ideas will be helpful since I am not usually the original poster.:)

Kimm - I don't WANT Buster's locked ;););) but that might be a good idea on some of the others.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
that's pretty bad (or do I mean sad???) that a new member has to tell me how to do things on here.:confused: I's senile.:doh:

Thanks RockingK and Beaushel for your help. both ideas will be helpful since I am not usually the original poster.:)

Kimm - I don't WANT Buster's locked ;););) but that might be a good idea on some of the others.
The last I heard about Buster was that he was going to Midlands???? I owe Mary a phone call. She has no idea how much I dislike the telephone.

I didn't know you can edit a title either. I think after 24 hours you cannot even edit one of your own posts. Forums are always a learning experience.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Teresa

TERESA

Glad you raised this question. I always try to change my original posting when a dog gets rescued, but it won't let me.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Carol said she will do if for us if we Pm her with the thread.....
Uhmmmm - how do you do that? I guess I'll try to figure it out!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Just tried to change a thread

Just tried to change my post about the Small Golden Ret. in NC Shelter.
It doesn't give me the edit option in the thread anymore and I can't find the Advanced Edit?

Help?!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts

Don't feel too bad. I have been on a forum with almost the identical layout/set up for the last 4 years. I am not entirely a newbie. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just tried to change my post about the Small Golden Ret. in NC Shelter.
It doesn't give me the edit option in the thread anymore and I can't find the Advanced Edit?

Help?!!!
You can only get to the advanced edit (same thing you see when you post for the first time/start a thread) if you can edit your post. Once it has been inactive for x time (2 weeks?) your edit option will go away and you can only quote yourself.

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
What we need is a Follow Up Forum and a mod can move the thread there for any dog that gets pulled or adopted. That's what other forums do, and it works great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts