Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got word today after a Wednesday orthapedic (sp?) surgeon visit that Bailey will go in for surgery tomorrow. He has a torn right ACL. He had the left one done in June of 2008, then bloat surgery September 2008. Third surgery in a year and a half.

I will be unable to visit him (my parents dog) until early next week, but would love everyone to stay positive for him through the surgery and recovery!

Here are some photos:

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
He's beautiful. And of course prayers and good, healing thoughts coming from our house. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
His face reminds me of my Carmella. Poor Bailey. I am sure he will be a trooper with the surgery. I will be thinking of him tomorrow!

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Poor Bailey! I hope he heals up quickly. I bet he is tough to get in the door at the vet's knowing not the greatest awaits him. Keep us posted!

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Good thoughts and prayers for Bailey!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
We will keep Bailey in our prayers for a good surgery and the last one he needs in his life. So much to go thru in a short time. Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Prayers of a quick and successful surgery for Bailey. I hope he's done needing fixes for quite a while after this. He's a good looking guy! What's got his attention in the 3rd pic, a fish?
All the "specs" in the water -if you look closely are about 50 fish! We have rockbass, sunfish, little fish that hang out at our dock waiting for their meal and Bails has discovered that if he stays really still in the water they will swim right under his nose. Foolish me gets in with him, throws the bread at the tip of his nose (telling him to "leave it") and they swim right up to both of us just teasing him.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Email update from Mom:

Bailey’s surgery went well. The surgeon was pleased with the post-op x-rays. The usual – he’s out of it from the meds and that will be norm as he recoups. He’s on IV fluids still. We’ll see him around 6:30.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Glad that Bailey's surgery went so well. Good luck with the recovery at home.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Glad to hear that all went well - fingers crossed for an uneventful and good recovery for Bailey.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Bailey

So very glad to hear Bailey did well!
You will see him soon!

My Smooch, who is a 10 year old Golden Ret., just had TPLO surgery in March and it's amazing how quickly she has bounced back. We are praying the other ACL doesn't rupture!!!!!

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Sending prayers for Bailey that all goes well !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts