Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,486 Posts
Oh my God. My heart was in my throat reading that. Thank God she's okay. Another big hug for her from me.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
This scared me as well. So glad that Roxy is ok! I'm sure you're still recovering from the fright as well!! Just can't imagine. The vet would have had to treat me for shock as well as Roxy!!

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Thanks so much everyone for your concern! Roxie is doing great. Me, on the other hand, I need a nerve pill or something. My stomach is still in knots.

One thing that made it so bad was that I made them get in the truck when we moved forward. My husband thought I was being my normal overprotective self. But I wanted to keep an eye on them. I never thought about her jumping out the back glass. I didn't strap them in. I just let them ride. It's honestly a good thing I didn't. I have a harness that straps them to the seatbelt but has slack in it and they can move around in the seat. I guess she would have hung herself. That thing just went in the garbage. I'm getting one tomorrow that has a lot more restraint.

We've had great success with the Champion k9 harness by USAk9Outfitters. There are a lot of threads on here about this product but it definitely keeps the dogs in place in the back seat, better than a few others we've tried. USAK9Outfitters is slow in deliveries, but the product is good.

Did your vet give you a briefing on what to look for in the next few days to make sure she didn't suffer internal damage/injuries? I guess I'd be worried sick that something might have happened that the physical exam and radiographs did not pick up initially. I'd watch her like a hawk for signs of distress, anemia, lethargy, internal bleeding etc. I'd also check her gums several times a day for paleness.

·
Premium Member
17,931 Posts
I've read this a couple of times and it still puts my stomach in a knot. I'm sure you are having bad dreams about it.

I sincerely hope she really did come through this unharmed, but please keep a close eye on her.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts