Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well when I woke up today and looked outside it was raining!! It's really rare to have rain in january over here! And snow + rain + cold means a lot of ice! :yuck: So for reason of safety I decided to not take her on a walk today. :no: Maybe we'll go play in the yard when it gets better! I feel really bad! It's pretty much the first time I'm gonna have to keep her inside all day long!

That's the look she's been giving me all morning!

What do you guys do on days like this?

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Poor Molly, stuck inside!

Some of my suggestions for keeping her busy are:
- frozen kong
- playing hide & seek (tell her to stay and run somewhere else in the house and get her to come find you)
- teach her a new trick or practice the ones she already knows
- put on her favourite Air Buddies movie! (I own the box set ;) haha)

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Poor Molly, stuck inside!

Some of my suggestions for keeping her busy are:
- frozen kong
- playing hide & seek (tell her to stay and run somewhere else in the house and get her to come find you)
- teach her a new trick or practice the ones she already knows
- put on her favourite Air Buddies movie! (I own the box set ;) haha)
Thanks for the suggestions! :D Hide and seek sounds fun! Oh and Air Buds movies! I don't even own ONE of the films! Shame on me! :no: I'll have to buy the first one it's the best!

·
Registered
142 Posts
We had that kind of weather yesterday. Luckily, we already had plans to go to my parents' house to watch football games, so we brought Rosie with us. She loves going to other people's houses...especially when other dogs are there.

I've never done this, but I know that Home Depot allows dogs in their stores. That might be a good place to go for an indoor walk, and get some shopping done, too!

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
It's raining like mad here in CT, and funnily enough Tess doesn't care one bit. We've been out twice now, came back soaking wet both times, but both times it was me turning back and not her! Needless to say she's almost in the fire now. I think that's the part she likes best: being dried off and put near the fire (with a Kong)...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts