Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's going to kill me for telling you all this, but, I laughed way too hard to keep it to myself...

A few weeks ago, my mom watched Maggie while hubby and I were in Mexico. When we came back for Maggie, my mom had packed her a treat bag, and packed us one as well...one of the treats for Maggie were these little dog biscuits that looked like animal crackers, but they had a dog on the box, so you could tell they were dog treats. A few days ago, hubby yells from the kitchen "honey, I think we need to throw away the cookies your mom sent. They taste a little stale."
So I go "which cookies? My mom only sent back chips, candy and dog treats."
"The animal crackers..."
"You mean the DOG TREATS that look like animal crackers?"
"...those are dog treats!?!"
"Yeah, didn't you see the dog on the box?"
"They're ANIMAL crackers...a dog is an animal..."

So, being the loving, kind wife I am, I said "we need to go to Petsmart for a few things...can I trust you not to get into the milkbones and snausages while we're there?"

Poor guy...

·
Kate
21,186 Posts
I'm over here laughing because many years ago my dad did the same exact thing. He was grazing on some special milkbones. They were the kind that looked a bit like baby cookies - and he probably thought that's what they were.

My mom saw him and asked him deadpan if he realized he was eating dog food. :D

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
When my golden was a puppy I washed him in the laundry room's utility sink with some all natural flea and tick dog shampoo. The bottle did not say in bold print dog shampoo but had a picture of a rainfainforest with dogs and cats. My dad can in and accidentally washed his hair with it. He is has very sensitive skin. Several days later he wanted to know where the new shampoo was because he wanted to wash his hair. Told him it was dog flea and dog shampoo. To this day over 13 years later he asks someone else to look at the shampoo bottle before he uses it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts