Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She has her first hot spot by her tush she doesn't seem to be bothered by it just keeps wanting to lick at it and what not i have never had to deal with hot spots

Did i do something wrong to hurt my baby girl hope not:no::(

what do u all recommend i treat it with

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
I would clip the immediate area to let it breathe, wash the area well, and keep it dry. I put a cone on so no chewing, and I make absolutely 100% positive beyond ANY doubt that there is not one flea anywhere. Sometimes one bite is all it takes. But we have fleas outside all year here. I rarely have to deal with hotspots. Sometimes it happens- I doubt you did anything wrong!

·
Banned
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did trim the area and i amm gonna put something around her neck so she wont bother it and i have checked for fleas and we are good there..

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Caue's last hot spot was treated with Listerene (straight brown stuff) a couple of applications per day (Thanks Pointgold !) I cleared right up without any trimming of the fur. It was also much cleaner than using my other old favorite of Gold Bond Powder. Good luck to you.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
The Listerine is to keep her from chewing and licking. Most dogs think it tastes awful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts