Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor baby must of sliced his paw on some ice, he was limping this morning.

After I had a look at it..looks pretty yucky, we cut away the hair, cleaned it with peroxide, used some Neosporin and wrapped it.

Will see how it looks in the morning, might have to make a trip to the vet.

Poor boy is looking so pitiful, gosh they get you feeling bad for them don't they:doh:

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Poor Chewie. I've never had to deal with a cut pad before but I've read here how hard they are to deal with. Hope he heals quickly.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Poor Chewie. Give him a big hug and kiss from me. Hopefully it will heal up with no problems.

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot to add, it's not his pads, the cut is in between the pads..so it's the tender skin.

I have no idea how he done it, but not hard to do right now with all the ice and snow we got.

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
His paw is better today, I also put him on antibiotics...so it should take care of it....now to get him to leave the wrap on:doh:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Glad to hear Chewies paw is better today.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I am glad that his paw is better today. It sounds like it is healing very well.

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well after our outing today, his paw looked very bad again, I cleaned it, applied neosporin and wrapped it again.

If it's not better by tomorrow he is going to the vet, don't know what else to do for my poor boy.

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
Poor Chewie....looks like he not feeling 100% in the photo. Give him lots of hugs and I'm sure you'll have him back to normal in no time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts