Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my puppy, the breeder had him on Royal Canin but after doing some research, I switched him to Blue Buffalo Wilderness Puppy. He was doing fantastically with this but for the past week, I noticed he started pooping a lot more (probably 2x -3x as much as he did before and more frequently). I read that usually large amounts of poop means the dog is not absorbing the nutrients/proteins and is generally seen when dogs are on a veggie-grain heavy diet.

Blue Buffalo is high in protein and I have not switched food/diet/exercise/routine for my puppy (~4 months now) so am wondering if he is just pooping more because he is growing?? I am also not feeding him more or giving him any more treats than I have in the past. Is this something I should be worried about (esp him not absorbing the nutrients in the food)?

Does it matter the taste/flavor of the food if it is from the same company? I switched his treat from Chicken to Lamb flavor but from the same company so wondring if that is contributing but again, the main food is the same.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts