Votes: 22 20.2%
  • Less often

Votes: 19 17.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
I picked 1-2 times a month because I would guess that's the average. In the nice weather between May and September (if we're lucky), Ranger gets a bath outside pretty much every week. Once the cold weather hits, bathing season is done. From October to May, the only time he'll get a bath is if he gets done professionally which might be ONCE during the 6 month span. Otherwise he gets brushed almost daily with a nice deodorizer.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Mine is opposite of Ranger for here in the South. In the summer I bathe as needed, but no water in ponds, so less dirt, so not real often, mainly hosing off their legs and bellys. Lots of brusing and use a fine conditioning spray for inbetween. Colder weather, more rain/drizzle, more mud, more uck, so more baths. But really, my rule is if they are dirty, they get a bath.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm all over the place with bathing.. Although the more I stick to every two weeks or so the less she scratches. I guess I should pick it up a bit.

But when she knows it's bath time she acts like she's walking the isle of death or something. She looks SO sad lol

I need to shave those paw pads too! I need more hours in the day.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I usually bathe Riley every two weeks. Sometimes in the summer it's weekly depending on how much swimming he does. Even though it's cold right now I have been still sticking to the every 2 weeks. I usually do once a month in the winter but I can't stand it if he feels dirty. He likes to sleep on the furniture and in the bed so I like him to be very clean. It also really cuts down on the shedding. I have a spare room that has turned into my grooming room for the winter.

·
Premium Member
16,403 Posts
I bathe 4 dogs usu
ally about twice a week, bc we get this:

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
I bathe Penny for special occasions...that said I never got around to giving her a bath for Christmas. I try to bathe and groom her for horse shows because everyone's dogs are so well cared for and then Penny comes in looking like a street urchin. :eek:

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
When my girls were showing in conformation, weekly.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
It seems to be about monthly for Beamer. Even if he really doesn't look like he needs it, the bathtub shows that he did.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
my guys swim daily in a swift, glacier fed river. If we're away & he only gets lake swimming (or none) he begins to looks dusty scragly in 2 days.
He only gets official baths every 4 months at groomer (my treat to myself) or rare occasions he rolls in something.

·
Super Moderator
3,799 Posts
I voted 5-6 times a year on top of her twice yearly grromings. It can be more often if she rolls in something or gets muddy but she is not a stinky doggie so every couple of months seems to be enough.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
BaWaaJige was bathed alot when I first brought him home as he wouldnt stay out of the horse poop. Now that he is older and he has learned to leave that alone I have not bathed himsince we did the last confrmation show in Oct. I brush him weekly.

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Probably 5-6 times a year. Quiz gets a bath when we come back from the beach or the lake. Other than that, if it's been a while and we're getting ready to show in obedience, he gets a bath. If we're showing a couple weekends in a row, I won't wash him for each show. I'd like to, but I usually don't have time! Thankfully, he's not a stinky dog, nor does his coat take on the oily appearance some dogs get.

·
Chester's Mommy
2,688 Posts
It definitely depends on the time of year. During the warmer, summer months, Chester will get a bath as often as once or twice a week. This is because he swims and plays outside much more and needs a bath more often. During the colder, winter months, he usually doesn't need a bath as often - so maybe about once a month...if that.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I bathe Lola in the summer outside with the hose. But in the Winter she is too big for inside and it is too cold outside. She does not get a bath until the next 70 plus degree day come spring. I might fork out $50.00 and take her to the groomers.... but probably not. I brush her really well and she stays clean without being totally soaped up.

·
Kate
21,053 Posts
Oh c'mon, hat will jus brush out...:D.
Heehee. I had the same thought. Wait for it to dry and it brushes out leaving the dog cleaner than ever. :D

I'm actually getting ready to give my guy a bath right now - mainly because it's been a while. He's never truly dirty when I give him baths (every 3 or 4 weeks in general, every week in summer), but you can feel the difference when you pet him.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Never, he has a dip in the local reservoir once or twice a week. Im reluctant to use any chemicals on him whatsoever, I find a good old brushing keeps him looking nice:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts