Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm on a couple of waitlists and a breeder I like has puppies that will be ready in November.. That being said, I've been watching a lot of training videos, reading here etc but really do want to take my dog to a professional (not a board and train) but someone who is knowledgeable - anyone have recommendations for the SW Washington area? I'm just above Vancouver in Ridgefield but any of the surrounding areas would be reasonable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone? There's quite a few places that do the various stages of 4-5 week training programs and I also saw the McCan dog training is also available online- I would certainly still take the dog to in-person training but anyone have experience with the online program?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I would tell you to attend an AKC obedience show and talk to some people there about trainers but times are strange right now. Perhaps, contacting some of the good trainers out of your area for recommendations would help. Janice Gunn of TNT Training Center is usually good about emailing back with great information. Also, Dee Dee Anderson of DD's dog training might also know of trainers in the Vancouver area. Those are two that came to mind since they have been in the business for number of years. Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts