Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Debbie

Debbie: Glad your hubby is taking care of you. Take it easy and get well!

·
Mom to Sonny and Seamus
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi all!

I was just thinking that this time last year I had already been in the hospital with pneumonia and felt horrible. Well, here's to a different year! I have had several colds because apparently my immune system is horrible because I'm on Oral Steroids for my Adrenal Insufficiency BUT I have managed to beat them and not end up in the hospital! I'm using lots of vitamin C, Zinc lozenges when I feel a cold coming on, and a diffuser with essential oils to kill all these bugs floating around!

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Glad you're on the mend. As a long time prednisone user myself, I understand the impact to the immune system. You catch everything and it takes longer to recover than most people. So glad this year is better for you. It may be worth while to have a pulmonary doctor in addition to your primary. They are going to be quicker to react if you do catch something than a primary might; or at least that has been my experience. I kept bumping up against a primary doctor who didn't understand the impact of steroids and biologics on the immune system and was treating me like every other patient. In 2015 I had bronchitis for 4 months of the year. In 2016 I only had it once and I think the difference was having a doctor who fully understood.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Debbie, here's to hoping that you continue to stay healthy and fight of any colds or viruses! I am glad that this winter has gone better than last for you healthwise:)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts