Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Mom to Sonny and Seamus
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday (not at my request) I was taken to the EMT. I was diagnosed with pneumonia and subsequtly Sepsis.

Thank God for my husband who has taken off work to take care of our dogs and me. Hopefully I will be home next week.

.debbie

·
Mom to Sonny and Seamus
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the good thoughts!

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
I'm so glad you're getting treated for this. My sister in law's father thought he had a bad cold and didn't go to hospital until he was found collapsed in the back yard. He didn't make it. It was such a shock to everyone.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Debbie

Debbie: I will be praying for you.
Hope that spending sometime on this forum helps in your recovery!

·
Mom to Sonny and Seamus
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry About your your sil f

I'm so glad you're getting treated for this. My sister in law's father thought he had a bad cold and didn't go to hospital until he was found collapsed in the back yard. He didn't make it. It was such a shock to everyone.
My loss for your sil father.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
ugh..... feel better.

·
Mom to Sonny and Seamus
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all!!! I am home from the hospital but have zero energy. Thanks for all your good thoughts and prayers.

Dee

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,217 Posts
Glad to hear you're back home, take care of yourself, hope you feel better very soon. Get lots of rest, let hubby and your handsome boy give you lots of TLC.

·
Mom to Sonny and Seamus
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, I ended up being home for 3 weeks but with zero energy. So, my hubby called the ambulance and off I went again to the hospital for 6 days.

Apparently I had fluid around one of my lungs. So, I am on my 2nd day home (first full day) with lots of pills and 2 dogs to take care of me!

Hopefully I can stay out of the hospital this time.

·
Mandy's Mom
1,488 Posts
I hope you are feeling better soon. Follow the doctors' orders!

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Wow - you are really having a rough February! Here's hoping you're on the mend now...my dad had multiple rounds of pneumonia and it completely wiped him out.

·
Kristy
9,291 Posts
Well, you are keeping things interesting at your house, aren't you? Believe it or not, I had a similar thing with a kidney infection last month, sepsis, a week in the hospital and ended up with fluid and inflammation in my lungs... not truly pneumonia because I wasn't coughing?? but apparently it looks exactly the same on an xray and I had low oxygen levels. I understand what you're saying about no energy. I am finally back to normal, just have to go back next month for one more chest xray to confirm my lungs are clear. The whole thing has cost a fortune, seriously glad we have good insurance. You and I ought to compare hospital bills, crazy money.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you to hang in there and seriously DO NOT overdo it. Just because you feel good enough to switch the laundry doesn't mean that you should then try to vacuum or wash dishes and do chores till you're exhausted. Take it slow. Glad you're home, hospital is NO FUN.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts