Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
181 - 200 of 210 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,620 Posts
She's gorgeous,hugs flying over from me too!

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
A friend sent me this poem which truly describes our life experience with Sani these days. I do not know the attribution or if it has been posted to the Forum before, but I thought it worth sharing.

Living with a very old dog means feeling your heart speeding up every time you see them a little more still than usual and approaching with the fear that they have stopped breathing.

Living with a very old dog means being aware that some of the things you'll do together may be the last.

Living with a very old dog means thinking ′′ this is their last summer ", ′′ this is their last July ", ′′ This could be the last morning".

Living with a very old dog means they bark at any noise at any time, not because they know what they are barking at, its they feel they need to bark and let us know.

Living with a very old dog means, you have to lift them up into the truck, the bed, the couch, the stairs.

Living with a very old dog means putting off commitments because it's important to be close to them.

Living with an old dog means we trip over them because they are so sound asleep they don't hear us approaching them.

Living with an old dog means accidents in the house, it's ok they don't mean to do it.

Living with a very old dog means feeling guilty because you know you could have done more, giving them more runs, more travel, more hugs, more caresses, more everything.

I would like to say that living with a very old dog also puts us in the face of our own death, fragility, vulnerability.

Living with a very old dog means we got to experience life with a very old dog, which is one of the best joys on earth!

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
For those of you who cared about Sani, thank you, It meant a lot to me. We needed to let her go as we ran out of treatment options for her cancer. Needless to say, we are completely heartbroken. She had a good run with us; a lot longer than predicted. And we loved her so...

·
Super Moderator Leader
53,499 Posts
I am so very sorry to hear Sani crossed the Rainbow Bridge.
I know this was an extremely difficult decision to make, but one made out of love for her.

Sani knew she was loved and I am sure the time she was with you and your family were the best she has had.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Godspeed Sani

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
I know this was an extremely difficult decision to make, but one made out of love for her.

Sani knew she was loved and I am sure the time she was with you and your family were the best she has had.

Godspeed Sani
Thanks so much for your kind thoughts.

Reactions: CAROLINA MOM

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·

Godspeed Sani
It was so very difficult.

181 - 200 of 210 Posts