Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I’m so happy you rescued Sani. She will have such a wonderful rest of her life. She looks so cute in her winter gear. I’m sore Oski will figure out he’s still very much loved and enjoy having a new family member around.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Sani June 3, 2021

She cries endless tears.
I wipe them
but they return,
flowing in an etched line
down her graying muzzle.

Left alone for a few hours
She slowly climbs the steps
Seeking us in our bedroom.
I find Sani in her bed
staring up at ours.

What happened to her?
I was sent a picture of Sani
on the streets of Istanbul,
nestled in a cardboard box.
Who would do this?

There is a sweetness to Sani.
Like a soft rose.
Like a song that finds a memory.

Life is failing her,
Inexorably.
Sani’s weeping eyes are weak,
but she sees us.
Her rickety legs cause her to stumble,
But she picks herself up;
noiselessly; with dignity.
Her expectations are simple,
and I should take wisdom from this.
But I want Sani to be completely well – whole again.

Her perfect day
is to roll in the grass,
a full belly,
and a nose filled with the smells of spring.
I love this.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
For those of you who are interested in the adventures of Sani, here is an update. Most importantly, she is still with us after 8 months. This is miraculous. About three weeks ago she had a mammary mass removed that turned out to be malignant. The surgery itself was very successful and she was back on her feet in a day or so. The stitches came out two days early due to rapid healing. We are treating her with diet and supplements. The impact of chemo and radiation would far outweigh the benefits. If there is more evidence of tumor growth in the area in a month we will consider more surgery and other options. But for now, she is happy, is eating well, and has good energy, particularly in the afternoon. She is particularly fond of car rides, as is her brother.
I’m glad she is doing well now. Prayers her treatment is effective and she stays happy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts