Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
As someone who owns a Pit Bull I find that quite offensive.

I have no idea who you are or what you're talking about since I just got home from being away all weekend but I don't see a need to make a thread like this.

If you want to be banned, PM a Mod and ask them to remove you.

This is totally unnecessary.

·
Administrator
16,446 Posts
Sorry we do not delete posts here. We can close any threads you started. Also if you wish for this account, and the other account another MOD sent a PM'd to, closed we can close them both.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
I was sorry to see a thread of yours detailing what happened to your poor dog get derailed like that.

I don't believe the moderators will delete threads but they can certainly close them for you if you like.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I don't really know what happened. I read some of the threads but all they say is deleted for the most part. I guess if you want you can just ask to have the threads closed and stop returning to this site and that would solve the problem.
I am sorry about the loss of your pup for whatever the reason. It is always a sad day when we have to say good-bye to our beloved pets.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
They think it is their forum...
It IS their forum. Just like its my forum and even your forum now that you are a member. We are all a part of it and these senior members are not bullying, they are protecting. No one meant to hurt you in any way, but this forum is a cherished, tight knit community and you can understand how they would want to make sure that the members get the full story.

Your post here was way meaner and harsher than ANYTHING any member said to you - yet they are the bullies?

I am sorry you had a hard experience, I truly am. And I don't want you to leave the forum, I'd love it if you could see their point of view and what they were trying to do, which was nothing personal, and just get to know us and enjoy the forum.

And by the way, there is nothing wrong with pitbull owners!

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Wow, I checked your thread and I sure don't see anything in the last 2 days that would bring this on. It sounds like you are having a really bad day...and that's to be expected when you're grieving.

This forum belongs to everyone, we all have a place here. I hope you can find yours AND accept that not all of us agree on everything.

I hope another Golden finds it's way to you and you can focus on being happy again! Really.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
It sounds like you are having a really bad day...and that's to be expected when you're grieving.
I agree! My heart goes out to you for the loss of your beloved dog, that is incredibly sad. This forum has been a wonderful resource and great support system for countless members who have lost their furry best friends. If you stick around maybe the forum could do the same for you. I can't tell you what to do of course but I think you would really like it here and like these people a lot - I know they have been invaluable to me as a dog owner.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Instead of criticizing us for our reaction, maybe it would be helpful if you explained what YOUR expecatations were when you posted?

I'm getting the feeling that what you THOUGHT would happen was that everyone would jump in agreement with you. Is that what you were expecting.

Anger is the result of expectations not met.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,537 Posts
I agree! My heart goes out to you for the loss of your beloved dog, that is incredibly sad. This forum has been a wonderful resource and great support system for countless members who have lost their furry best friends. If you stick around maybe the forum could do the same for you. I can't tell you what to do of course but I think you would really like it here and like these people a lot - I know they have been invaluable to me as a dog owner.
I agree this site kept me sane when i lost my heart dog very suddenly

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
If original posts cannot be deleted, where is it?

·
Administrator
16,446 Posts
If original posts cannot be deleted, where is it?
The thread is not deleted but the OP edited out their post again. I think this is why Joe (the previous Admin) limited the editing time to only 1 hour to prevent editing out of posts. However I personally thought in normal editing situations that 1 hour was too short and exteneded it to 24 hours.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
In a nutshell... "Please get me the hell out of this website/ I thought that as fellow golden owners you would understand and I could share my story here, but the older members were bullies/ It was like it was a thread of pit bull owners/ You need to keep your members in check, they are acting like it is their forum and they make the rules/ etc."

Remember I am paraphrasing from what I remember, if anyone else who saw it thinks anything I said was inaccurate, PLEASE chime in, I am NOT trying to make the OP look bad or put any words in their mouths, that is literally what I remember of it.

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
The OP has roiled this community with posts about MRSA and the experiences had with a clinic may not have adequately protected her, her dog, and others. Perhaps the relevant accounts are best closed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.