Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We adopted a dog from the RSPCA (an australian anmial protection group) the dog had been abused and was a bit skittish at first, but it fits in well now with our two other golden retrievers. we where told it could be a cross but we dont know, it is really skinny like a whip-it but that could be because it rarly sit's down, its joints are not the best but we think thats because it use to sleep on concreate, also its tail stick's right up when running or excited which ive never seen in a golden retriver, it also has a red nose and we think that could be apart of the cross. we where just woundering what kind of cross it could be. ive attached a few photo's of the dog its the one with the ball in its mouth any help would be much appriacited .

Attachments

·
Robin
274 Posts
Looks like a purebred to me. He probably just doesn't have very dark pigment on his nose, and some dogs carry their tails higher than others. In the three photos you put up, he definitely looks all golden retriever though.

·
Maryland
2,806 Posts
Doesn't look like a cross-breed to me. Not all Goldens have the same black pigment. Sometimes it's lighter, due to age, or weather...or just genetics.

And yes...some do hold their tails up when they're playing or excited.

Also, from the pics (which you can't FEEL the body), he doesn't look all that skinny. You should be able to feel ribs under a thin layer of fat, and there should be a tummy tuck up. All looks fine there from what I can see.

Your new family member looks like a beautiful Golden, through and through!

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Hi ... You have a beautiful golden retriever for sure,......welcome, I am a South Aussie too. What are your goldens names and where are do you live. My older golden Asha's pigment has gone lighter and Hudson's nose is black, it just happens.

·
Sam and Jack's Mum!!!!!
1,521 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum. It's good to see some more Aussies on here. I am Mum to Jack and Samantha and soon to be litter! Looks pure to me. If it was crossed with any thing I would say lab, but I can't see it.

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
I just echo everyone else. He's beautiful and appears to be all Golden Retriever to me.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
He looks pure gold to me and very handsome too. Bless you for adopting him and hopefully with all your love he will become a proud and confident boy.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Yes, welcome to the forum!:wavey: He definitely looks all Golden to me! I don't see any cross either. As far as his nose, different lines carry a lot of difference in pigment of their nose and gums. They are both Beautiful, and bless you for adopting him! :smooch:

·
3 goldens
11,697 Posts
Beautiful dogs you have there. He looks all gold to me. My one golden,Buck, always ran with his tail high. And my KayCee ran with her tail down like she was scared of something. Entirely different.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts