Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of your goldens have places they always sleep.

Koda sleeps in her crate at night but if she is out during the day she has a few favorites. It is usually under the kitchen table or behind the rocking chair in the corner (I think she likes to feel closed off a little, den like). She usually falls asleep around 8:30 at night on the hardwood floor but as soon as she wakes up she makes her way in by us to cuddle up to mommy!! :) Makes me so happy when she comes trotting in with those tired eyes and just curls up into me!

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
MacKenzie likes to sleep behind open doors. By the end of her nap, the door is usually closed, and she is locked in that room.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Bonnie likes to sleep in the hearth. She is a bit too big now, but she still lays with her head on the hearth. She also has her own special place on the sofa if there is a fire in the fireplace.

·
Kate
21,677 Posts
While I've been on vacation for the last week and a half, my guy has taken to sleeping on the floor while facing me. Which he's doing right now. Or sleeping under my kitchen chair or curling up by the foot of the living room chair if I'm sitting there.

It's like with me being home every day he's gotten even MORE clingy than normal.

When I'm not home, he either follows my mom around the house and sleeps near her. Or if she's sleeping he generally will climb into the bathtub to sleep. He'd sleep in the bathtub when his storm phobia was at its worst. About now I think he just feels more secure and comfortable in there.

It's either that or he goes downstairs to my bedroom and sleeps in the entryway or on my bed. :)

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
My boys sleep everywhere. They like to lie on the slate entry because it's cool. But they also sleep on our leather couches and they both take turns sleeping on a love seat in the den where Selka always slept. I think it smells like Selka and makes them feel good. It makes me teary when I walk by and see them there.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
The big bed in the winter as well as the sofas. In warmer months everywhere, but mostly the big bed or on the tiles downstairs. He also likes to sleep in the door entries, to keep tabs on me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Harvey sleeps in his crate at night, and for most naps during the day. If I'm working in the living room he'll sometimes lay down next to me and sleep there, but otherwise he'll just go into his crate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts