Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Look how sad she looks. Why does it say she DOESN'T need to be walked?

Too many animals and now a baby on the way. Well, should have thought about that before you got the animals. Urrrgh, I hate that excuse.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Look how sad she looks. Why does it say she DOESN'T need to be walked?

Too many animals and now a baby on the way. Well, should have thought about that before you got the animals. Urrrgh, I hate that excuse.
Ugh I rolled my eyes when I read that too!

Poor girl. I hope GRF can help get her to Cheryl and Buddy!!! :D :D

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
doesn't need to be walked.........wouldn't it be fun to show/teach this lovely girl all the good things in life?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks everyone,

I am still trying to convince my hubby. He thinks it would upset Buddy too much ( he is 13 and VERY jealous and won't let me out of his sight when I am home.)

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Has Buddy ever had a sibling? I wonder if it is just something that will take a little time? I'm sure you could make it work out by devoting lots of time to Buddy and the rescue separately so he doesn't feel like he's losing you.

:crossfing paws crossed that everything works out and that your hubby will give it a shot!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Thanks everyone,

I am still trying to convince my hubby. He thinks it would upset Buddy too much ( he is 13 and VERY jealous and won't let me out of his sight when I am home.)
my hubby felt the same way when Obi was 9 & I was offered a pup at breeder's cost when the intended buyer was in car accident. Said it would break Obi's heart.

so, I got Bridger at 6 months when Obi was 11 - Bridger was older & didn't harrass Obi like a pup would have and he had our lab. Obi was older & non demanding. Each having great personalities made it work.

·
Goldens Rule in SW PA!
2,127 Posts
Not a problem, Cheryl--that's a big decision. It'd be great if you could--at least we could be assured that Abby went to a good home.

I'm going to contact the owner this evening and let her know that Almost Heaven GR rescue is also an option for them.

Scott J

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey Guys,

My heart wants so much to save this pretty girl, but it really is not the time for it. Buddy's vet bills are enormous and he really deserves all my attention as he ages. I will definitely being going the rescue route when it is time. If possible, keep me informed about Abby if possible.

·
Steelers and Pens Fanatic
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just checked the ad. It's been "deleted by author". Hope that's a good sign.:confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts