Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I ventured out with Pippa at 7:10 AM for our morning walk (in the dark). We got to the top of our street and before I knew what was happening and pulled up on her leash hard she was standing in a huge mess of pills with her mouth in it. I have no idea if she actually ingested or not but odds with her are that she did. She eats everything! I picked up a pill and hurried home with her. The pill was white and said "Pfzier 10mg" so I knew I had to do something quickly. I called the emerg clinic and they told me to give her hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. After two doses and no vomiting we headed to our vet clinic just as they were opening. They saw her right away and gave her an injection to make her throw up. She stayed at the vets for the day for observation and care. I cannot fathom how anyone could throw pills on a sidewalk for children or animals to get into. My husband went out and collected them all in a plastic ziplock bag but could not find any pill bottle to identify what the drug was. The vet could not believe the amount of pills we picked up - probably between 100 - 150 pills. Please be extra careful walking your puppers.