Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Piper update - 8 Months

537 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  FurdogDad
Piper (Pip for short!) is a great listener, and short of wanting to table surf is a wonderful listener and doing amazing. Heres a few pics of the goof ball.
Dog Couch Furniture Comfort Carnivore

Dog Vertebrate Carnivore Christmas tree Ear
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,845 Posts
Piper is beautiful! We have a rule at our house that starts Day 1 when puppy comes home....noses are not allowed above the edge of the table or kitchen counters no matter what. We enforce this religiously at first and it kind of goes hand in hand with teaching "it ain't yours until I give it to you".

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Piper is beautiful! We have a rule at our house that starts Day 1 when puppy comes home....noses are not allowed above the edge of the table or kitchen counters no matter what. We enforce this religiously at first and it kind of goes hand in hand with teaching "it ain't yours until I give it to you".
She has always been told no anytime she jumps up on counters or people, or noses anything without permission. She is learning, but is easily the most food motivated dog I have ever seen.

· Registered
44 Posts
We are
We are working on this exact same rule!!! I hope we are as successful as you!! Nothing more annoying then a table surfacing dog!!

· Registered
2,845 Posts
We are

We are working on this exact same rule!!! I hope we are as successful as you!! Nothing more annoying then a table surfacing dog!!
All of our dogs have been highly food motivated except Lola. Murphy will be 2 in April and on the rare occasion that his nose wanders above the edge of the table an "Ah!" and a raised eyebrow or a "that's not yours" comment is all it takes.....

· Registered
44 Posts
Our 8 month old Buffett never paid attention to the counters until this past week. “Somebody” gave him a bite of a few human foods that we were eating, which seems to have made him feel he should be able to have it. No more people food for quite a long time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts