Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Future Golden Owner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up the pup yesterday and kept her hidden all night in the basement. We lucked out in that she slept a lot yesterday afternoon and night. Around 5:30 this morning, she finally started her wailing, but none of the kids heard her. We got the kids up around 7:15, and I took her outside and put her in a makeshift pen while the kids found their presents from Santa. Santa left a note telling the kids that he had left each of them one more present each in the basement, but that they had to open all their other gifts first and then go together and open all of the one in the basement at once. Here is the result:

Christmas pup, Piper the Golden Retriever - YouTube

Funny that my 10 year old is the only one that put it together...my four year old had a similar reaction as I did when I was 6 and my parents wrapped a bag of Puppy Chow to signal me getting a pup. Home videos show me throwing the bag and crying. LOL!

And I have included a few pics too!

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Oh my goodness she's absolutely beautiful! Such a sweet face. <3

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
She is a doll! I think the kids are going to love this video when they grow up.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
What an ADORABLE puppy!!!! And Family :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
How sweet!!! They looked so sad to get dog treats as a present, till they realised what it meant hehehe, she's a beautiful pup :)

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
What a wonderul Christmas! Piper is a beauty and kids look like they are in love. A Christmas to remember for sure.

·
flykelley
675 Posts
Piper is a sweet heart, funny but when I get my new puppy I was going to name her one of these three names,
Dakota
Archer
Piper
how did you come up with the name?

Mike

·
Future Golden Owner
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. Mike, my wife and I just did some brainstorming on names and Piper made it to the top of the list. One of the kids wanted to name her Chloe, but was easily convinced that Piper was a good name too once all the other kids agreed with he name!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts