Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our boy Echo has all of a sudden developed a pink rash on his muzzle.
Any ideas? Have you seen this before?
What is it?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dukes muzzle looked similar when he was having an allergic reaction to his food. He also would rub his muzzle on the carpet as if it itched. I was never sure if it was just from rubbing due to itching, or if it indeed was a rash.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I am not sure what caused it, but it has since disappeared. Does anyone suggest allergy testing with their golden? If so how does that work?

·
Super Moderator
1,988 Posts
What sort of bowl are you using? Stainless steel, plastic, ceramic, etc?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a stainless steel bowl for both water and food. Should we switch? Everything has been fine with him, except he just turned a year and having all these weird allergy type things happening this spring.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
If it’s a seasonal allergy situation I would recommend trying a cytopoint injection. Duke gets them when necessary, normally one or two a year. They are amazing for stopping itching. Duke has a severe chicken allergy that wasn’t hard to figure out. He also has a few seasonal issues that the cytopoint manages completely. I did send an allergy blood panel off years ago. I believe it went to Univ. Of Michigan. It gave me some info but didn’t change the treatment plan.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the information. After a walk today i am convinced that he is allergic to some sort of grass and or weeds that he sticks his muzzle into smell. Anyone else have grass allergies with their golden? What are you using to control?

I will totally have to look into Cytopoint injection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts