Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't want to hijack another thread so starting one here. Any ideas what these pink bumps are about? My pup is 16 months old and may have had a couple bumps/scabs on occasion. Just noticed many more of them now.

Notice the pink bumps, scabs, and tiny black dots too. When she was a pup I was given Panalog to put in the girly parts as there were tiny black dots around them then.

This is my first golden and I never knew they could have so many allergies/sensitivities.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
Looks like a staph infection. Could be allergic dermatitis. It looks a bit like what Lincoln gets and his are staph infections. Except Lincolns look way worse then that. You can use topical antibiotic cream for that since its not to big. I use Bactroban, Chlorahexadine, or Tresaderm

Lincoln is the king of allergies. Im amazed hes not allergic to his own butt hole yet :)

·
Missing Molly
1,524 Posts
Looks like a skin infection. Time to go to the vet I think. Last time my Bailey's belly looked like that it turned into a resistant form of staph. So don't take any chances.

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
I dont rush to the antibiotics right away because they do so much damage to the system. I would wait a few days and use something topical, if its getting worse after that I would run a 3-4 week course of antibiotic. Why so long? Because any less and the infection will just start to develop a resistance to the antibiotic used. Ive been through this...7 times in about a 8 month span.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont rush to the antibiotics right away because they do so much damage to the system. I would wait a few days and use something topical, if its getting worse after that I would run a 3-4 week course of antibiotic. Why so long? Because any less and the infection will just start to develop a resistance to the antibiotic used. Ive been through this...7 times in about a 8 month span.
which topical do you use? i was given Panalog (animax) for her vaginal area as a pup and still have some. it looks like it's a topical treatment for skin conditions.

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
which topical do you use? i was given Panalog (animax) for her vaginal area as a pup and still have some. it looks like it's a topical treatment for skin conditions.
You can use Panalog if you want. I use Bactroban, Chlorahexadine or Tresaderm. I will also bath in Pyoben shampoo (Benzoyl peroxide).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts