Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Riot, gundog sweeps at that national specialty 2017. He has all the big name field dogs in his pedigree. If you go back to the 1970's you will find most of the big 6 show dogs too. But then Cotton's dam was a show dog, so that kind of says it all.
Wow! He's awesome! You must be so proud!!
P.S. I had the most amazing trip/elopement in Alaska last year. Can't wait to go back someday!

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
Wow! He's awesome! You must be so proud!!
P.S. I had the most amazing trip/elopement in Alaska last year. Can't wait to go back someday!
I hope you had a great time here. Summer can be so busy here. You should come in the winter when it's so beautiful and there are NO tourists. The highways are empty and the clarity of the sky is beyond amazing!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I hope you had a great time here. Summer can be so busy here. You should come in the winter when it's so beautiful and there are NO tourists. The highways are empty and the clarity of the sky is beyond amazing!
That's too funny! We were actually shocked at how quiet it was. Relative to Alberta tourism it was like we were alone up there! We really want to come back for our 5yr anniversary in June 2025. Road trip again, but with our dogs this time. Before then we may also do an Alaskan cruise with my husband's mother/his niece once their house sells. There is just so much to see, and way more than you can accomplish in one trip. It's awesome!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Here are a couple of the shots from our wedding day. So beautiful up there!
Jill+Adam113.jpg
Jill+Adam086.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
Lovely dress! Wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing!

If you drive up, take the Top of the World Highway from Dawson to Chicken. It is the farthest north border crossing in the world. It's fun to visit the border patrol, they have almost nothing to do but look out at the wonderful scenery all day. I bet they only see a handful of cars all day. Both sides of the border have really cool mines to drive, hike and camp through. Whatever you decide, you're dogs will be welcome just about everywhere here!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Lovely dress! Wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing!
If you drive up, take the Top of the World Highway from Dawson to Chicken. It is the farthest north border crossing in the world. It's fun to visit the border patrol, they have almost nothing to do but look out at the wonderful scenery all day. I bet they only see a handful of cars all day. Both sides of the border have really cool mines to drive, hike and camp through. Whatever you decide, you're dogs will be welcome just about everywhere here!
Thanks so much! We actually drove up from Alberta this time for our elopement, as well. And we did indeed take the Top of the World Highway from Dawson to Chicken, and pay a visit to the northern-most border patrol. Awesome experience! We would absolutely do it again in 2025. We even saw a double rainbow at the Top of the World <3

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
For some reason Top of the World has the best rainbows! And the best thing about the drive, you can camp anywhere. Just pull over and find a spot and hang out. Just not on the working mining claims.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love this thread! So great to see all the pups.

My 8 month old Captain comes from a field line with a little wave in their coat. By 7 months my boy had developed a thick coat with a bit of wave. Then, over this last month he shed profusely and it appears that the entire top coat was shed. His coat is now short and mostly straight (before and after shedding photos below, one month apart).

Is this common for puppy coat development? I loved his wavy coat. Will that come back?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ok, see if I can get my pictures here...I currently have two Golden Retrievers both from field breeders. One is 7 years old, going from top to bottom you can see, Sugar River's Yukon's Golden Fox SH WCX, next is our 10 week old, Kelakye's Shoot 'Em Up Cowboy (Shooter).

Before them I have had 3 other Goldens that were bred by a breeder who focuses on Field dogs. Next pictured is Goldrun's Magic Maddie SH (Dee), and then Doublegold Spirit of Maximillian JH (Boo), and finally, KC's Maximillian

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I love this thread! So great to see all the pups.

My 8 month old Captain comes from a field line with a little wave in their coat. By 7 months my boy had developed a thick coat with a bit of wave. Then, over this last month he shed profusely and it appears that the entire top coat was shed. His coat is now short and mostly straight (before and after shedding photos below, one month apart).

Is this common for puppy coat development? I loved his wavy coat. Will that come back?
Your boy is so cute! I have never seen a shed like that before? I would have guessed that he was younger in the second photo. I would suggest asking this in the main thread where it will probably get more views and comments. So cute though!!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Ok, see if I can get my pictures here...I currently have two Golden Retrievers both from field breeders. One is 7 years old, going from top to bottom you can see, Sugar River's Yukon's Golden Fox SH WCX, next is our 10 week old, Kelakye's Shoot 'Em Up Cowboy (Shooter).

Before them I have had 3 other Goldens that were bred by a breeder who focuses on Field dogs. Next pictured is Goldrun's Magic Maddie SH (Dee), and then Doublegold Spirit of Maximillian JH (Boo), and finally, KC's Maximillian
So many great photos of your field babies! And all so uniquely different, and special <3

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Here are some redheads - but none are full field. Abby is half field/ half conformation & Breeze is also a mix. Piper is about 3/4 field. Here are pedigree links:
Abby - www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=422053 | Breeze www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=537965 | Piper - www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=607201
And now I seem to have strayed off into the area of ligher/ conformation bloodlines. I need to get back to the Red Side!
OMG! They are stunning!! I just love me some field girlies!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here are some redheads - but none are full field. Abby is half field/ half conformation & Breeze is also a mix. Piper is about 3/4 field. Here are pedigree links:
Abby - www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=422053 | Breeze www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=537965 | Piper - www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=607201
And now I seem to have strayed off into the area of ligher/ conformation bloodlines. I need to get back to the Red Side!
View attachment 869720
Wow, I love that set of Golden's….fun they are! We have one 'Red' Golden (see above) her Father was named Copper Penny! Red as you can imagine....all are field bred lines....but have confirmation lines mixed in...

41 - 60 of 93 Posts