Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been calling her "Little Lady". Trying to find her owners. Humane society is trying to get me to bring her in but I wont because all they want to do is charge the owner a $150 pick up fee. Shes not chipped as I had her at the vets to check.

What kind of mix do you guys think? I thought Shepherd mix but shes only 20 pounds and the vet said shes 7-12 months old. All her adults teeth even the back ones are all in. Lincoln is 65 pounds for comparison. As you can see from the picture with the toy my dog doesnt share. Hes got "Only child syndrome...".

Not sure what I will do if she doesnt find a home. *says in her head NO to keeping her* lmao

·
Hi, I'm Wendee
1,733 Posts
I think it would be great if you kept her. They look so cute together. You're doing a wonderful thing looking after her and trying to find her owner.

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can barely afford medical care for the two dogs I have now :( I dont think it would be fair to keep her financially. I could afford to feed another one and do regular stuff but not emergencies especially with Lincolns ongoing medical issues. The only thing I would have to do with her is vaccinations.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
She is such a cutie and looks like Lincoln really likes having a Buddy to play with! You never know in life, she might enjoy great health and never cost you much of anything! Life is always a gamble.

I think she looks shepherd, terrier mix (with the cobby body and up-tail). Could be a JRT with the way she keeps her body tight and ready for fun. I would keep looking for her owners and enjoy!

Keep us posted on the results. You are a Saint for taking her in and caring for her!!

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
She's a cutie! Looks like she has some Shiba Inu in her due to her tail!

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Owner has been found :). She told me her handicap mother opened the door and the dog took off. I didnt want to bring her to the spca as they were urging me to bring her in so they could charge her a $100 claim fee plus a $40 license fee (they didnt say that directly) but I knew thats what they wanted her for because I already scanned her for a chip and found nothing so all she would of been doing at the shelter is sitting in a cage.

·
Premium Member
18,411 Posts
Glad you found her owner, I hope you talked her into putting at least an ID tag on her collar, and microchipping her too!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Thank you for looking out for this girl - though she did look awfully cute next to Lincoln.

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My concern is what if shes in heat and the handicap mom opens the door and she bolts out again...its a disaster waiting to happen :(

·
Hi, I'm Wendee
1,733 Posts
I would be worried about that too, but you did your part and took great care of her when others would have just taken her to a shelter. I know what a great person you are because of how you took care of a dog that wasn't even yours.

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, maybe if it happens again I will get a chance to speak to them further. I usually try not to "educate" people about spaying/neutering if they cannot prevent their dog from getting out because I know when someone suggests I neuter my dog just because I should I get all defensive. But, theres a difference between me and their dog. My dog in the 4 years he has been alive has NEVER escaped and wondered off.

I got the impression they were a struggling family. When they called they asked if I had found a Mini Shepherd and I was like I found a Shepherd mix...When they came they got on the cold cement to greet her, greeted my little one and even asked if she was trouble over night. I said no, she did really well, played well with my cat even (apparently this dog has never seen a cat). I told them she may have some soft poops because I fed her some of Lincolns food as I wasnt sure what she was on.

If it happens again I know where to bring her. Who knows maybe they were planning to get her spayed as she was only 7-12 months old.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i'm glad you found the dogs owner. remember when
you scan for a chip chips and scanners aren't universal. certain
scanners pick up certain chips.

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay while I was out on my walk I ran into the owner of these dogs. Shes going through tough times right now. I wont go into details but she said if I didnt keep her she couldnt afford the $150 to pull her out of the shelter. She is going to get her spayed in the New Year she was just having issues with money so close to Christmas :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts