Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We met this morning at Claireville Conservation Area in Brampton, Ontario. It was a smaller turn out than previous ones, but it was just as much fun and tired out the dogs out just as much!

In attendance was:
Dewy with Noah and honourary GR, Scout (Havanese)
Mad's Mom with Maddie
mm03gn with Bailey
Luci with Lucy
Sabby with Cash

and of course, myself with Molson and my mom showed up near the end with Skoker.

I think we would all agree that it was the perfect venue for this type of meet! We (and by "we", I mean the boys - Dave and Will!) got a fire going in the pit for us to keep warm in the -1 Celcius temperature while the dogs had a blast running around in the HUGE open field.

Here are my pics - Sorry I couldn't narrow them down anymore than this!

Just before we left the house to go to the meet. The lighting was great in our entrance so I had to take a before picture! :)
IMG_3442.JPG
In the line up at Tim Horton's (the reason why I was late - I had to get my fix!)
IMG_3391.JPG
Bailey
IMG_3451.JPG
Molson
IMG_3453.JPG
Molson
IMG_3456.JPG
Molson
IMG_3458.JPG
Bailey
IMG_3460.JPG
Bailey, Molson & Noah
IMG_3462.JPG
Maddie & Molson
IMG_3469.JPG
Dave and his son show up with Cash!
IMG_3471.JPG
Noah, Molson & Cash - the 3 puppies from the first Ontario meet are all pretty much the same size now around 65-70 lbs.
IMG_3474.JPG
Cash & Molson
IMG_3480.JPG
Will & Sarah show up with Lucy!
IMG_3482.JPG
Molson realized his girlfriend is in town and runs over for a kiss :smooch:
IMG_3485.JPG
Maddie
IMG_3487.JPG
Melissa picking all of the burrs out of Bailey's tail :doh:
IMG_3492.JPG
Little Lucy
IMG_3493.JPG
Scout
IMG_3499.JPG
Melissa and Lucy
IMG_3502.JPG
Bailey
IMG_3505.JPG
Molson & Bailey
IMG_3507.JPG
Maddie rolling in the dirt!
IMG_3526.JPG
Noah and mommy
IMG_3529.JPG
Molson
IMG_3530.JPG
Molson & Noah trying to come up with a plan to get the water bottle back from Bailey!
IMG_3531.JPG
Noah with his mommy again
IMG_3532.JPG
Molson on the move
IMG_3545.JPG
Lucy found someone her own size to play with! A 4-mth old Chocolate Lab puppy named Scarlett
IMG_3551.JPG
Skoker
IMG_3556.JPG
Lucy checking out what Molson's doing
IMG_3563.JPG
Molson taking a break - telling me that he's ready to go home!
IMG_3567.JPG
Lucy trying to eat the log!
IMG_3571.JPG
Skoker with Lucy peeking over the log in the background!
IMG_3575.JPG
Molson & Skoker
IMG_3576.JPG
Skoker wanting someone to throw the ball (what else is new?)
IMG_3579.JPG
Molson is airborne! All 4 paws off the ground :)
IMG_3585.JPG
Molson, Skoker & Cash
IMG_3590.JPG
Madison
IMG_3591.JPG

I know there are many more pics to come from the others!

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Those are great Steph!! I took over 200 pictures - and was able to round it down to 58 :) They are all currently loading into Photobucket, so when I wake up from my nap I will share them! I got a GREAT one of you and Molson that you are just going to loooove!!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
What a gorgeous sea of golden tails. It looks like the humans and goldens all had a great day. What fun.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
what fabulous pics! Can't wait to see more!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
oh that just looks so wonderful! great photos!

·
Premium Member
18,458 Posts
I get warm fuzzies just seeing the pictures, I bet you all had a wonderful time.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks like a great time was had by all. No snow?
There was a very slight dusting on the ground, but nothing that we, as Canadians, can call real snow ;)

The weather forecast is calling for 25-30 centimeters (just under a foot) of snow between tomorrow and Wednesday though!

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Ok...Ike's officially jealous again. We haven't seen significant snowfall in Ike's short, not quite three years, life yet. We did get almost an inch last night.:) It gave him the zoomies!

There was a very slight dusting on the ground, but nothing that we, as Canadians, can call real snow ;)

The weather forecast is calling for 25-30 centimeters (just under a foot) of snow between tomorrow and Wednesday though!

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Aww that little Lucy is just so adorable!! Great pics as always from your meets... I'm so jealous I don't live close enough to come too!!

·
and Miss Riley and Jake
686 Posts
Looks like a great Golden gathering, backed up by great pics. Nice job.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Alright, I'm up from my amazing nap...here are my pictures!!

On our way to the clearing...Never fear about that water up above, it was mostly frozen :)

Got any treats for me ma??

Fuzzy Golden butts...

Bailey being chased - her favourite activity!

Cash came to join us!

Uuuuggggg...only a small sampling of the crap that got stuck in Baileys tail :doh:

Start of the fire...

As Dave takes my dirty kleenex to burn "it's ok, we're in survival mode" ;)

Beautiful little Lucy!! She was definitely the most popular dog today - both with the people and the other pups!

Such a regal little lady already :)

Molson+Bailey=BFFS4EVA!!

Bailey, you're so funny!!

"what are those crazy big kids doing??"

Maddie deciding she needed a dirt bath!

I think someone has a treat!

Scout doing his best to stay above all of those crazy goldens! ;)

We didn't bring any toys for them, but that doesn't mean they didn't improvise!

At this point in the day, we think one of the other dogs hurt Cash's feelings :( He took a few moments to feel sorry for himself, and then came right back!

This little chocolate lab made Lucy's day! She seemed to be very happy to tumble with someone her own size ;)

Skoker!!!! Even though I was meeting him for the first time, I knew how to get a great picture of him looking at the camera ;)

He looks like trouble to me!!

Please throw my ball mom

ooooh, I wanted to steal her!!!

Steph collecting Molson...

Steph and Molson!! :)

My Beautiful Bailey!!

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
It appears to have been a wonderful day for pups and people alike, although it does look a bit chilly:)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Thanks for all the compliments about my pretty lil' girl! We had a great time today and it was great to meet everyone finally and put faces to names. Definitely a great spot for this kinda thing!

It would seem that Lucy didn't get the "supposed to be out like a light" memo, she's still going strong! Meanwhile, Will and I are ready to plunk our butts down and relax. Silly puppy!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts