Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Loving my first Golden
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! :wave:

Sadie's right eye has had this pigmentation for a year now. I took her to the vet when I first saw it, he said it was just pigmentation. A year later it has gotten a little bigger, so I took her to a different vet who specializes in eyes and she said it was "just pigmentation. If it was Melanoma, it would be raised."

Sadie has not been acting weird. She eats, drinks, pees and poop normally. She doesn't have gooey eyes nor is she itching them. By the way, Sadie is 1 year and 9 months old.

I just want to know your guys' opinions? Has your furbaby ever had something like this?? I would greatly appreciate it!!!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Hey everyone! :wave:

Sadie's right eye has had this pigmentation for a year now. I took her to the vet when I first saw it, he said it was just pigmentation. A year later it has gotten a little bigger, so I took her to a different vet who specializes in eyes and she said it was "just pigmentation. If it was Melanoma, it would be raised."

Sadie has not been acting weird. She eats, drinks, pees and poop normally. She doesn't have gooey eyes nor is she itching them. By the way, Sadie is 1 year and 9 months old.

I just want to know your guys' opinions? Has your furbaby ever had something like this?? I would greatly appreciate it!!!
My Dru had that as well. I took him to several vets who all said it was, in his case, scarring on the sclera due to sand/grit/dirt irritation. Dru lived to be 12 and had no problem with his eyes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts