Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Angus is 17 months old and has become very picky when it comes to his food. We have always given him dry food but lately he barely touches it. He will let it sit there all day . I've tried adding some canned food which helped for a few days, then he stopped eating that also .My vet who suggested we take the bowl up after a half hour but he doesn't seem to care. When I put it back down, he walks away. He's healthy, full of energy and has no dental problems . He just does not seem interested in eating his food. My last golden didn't pick his head up out of the bowl until it was empty. Anyone else have this issue ?

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Angus is 17 months old and has become very picky when it comes to his food. We have always given him dry food but lately he barely touches it. He will let it sit there all day . I've tried adding some canned food which helped for a few days, then he stopped eating that also .My vet who suggested we take the bowl up after a half hour but he doesn't seem to care. When I put it back down, he walks away. He's healthy, full of energy and has no dental problems . He just does not seem interested in eating his food. My last golden didn't pick his head up out of the bowl until it was empty. Anyone else have this issue ?
I have not had that issue with a Golden. My Bichon got picky -- I think I spoiled her by adding incentives which just seemed to make it worse. I've seen posts that some people had to change brands and then their dogs ate better. Has this caused him to lose weight?

·
Super Moderator Leader
46,434 Posts
How much food are you feeding Angus at each feeding, are you feeding him twice a day or more often?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts