Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. I lost my golden to cancer and my old breeder is no longer breeding. I am having trouble picking between breeders. Pendery is the only one with an updated website. I live in TN but I am willing to travel. Does anyone have any recommendations or comments on these 3? Thank you

pendry goldens - GA
heartland goldens - TN (Nancy Johnson)
Summer oaks goldens - NC (referred by a friend)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all. I lost my golden to cancer and my old breeder is no longer breeding. I am having trouble picking between breeders. Pendery is the only one with an updated website. I live in TN but I am willing to travel. Does anyone have any recommendations or comments on these 3? Thank you

pendry goldens - GA
heartland goldens - TN (Nancy Johnson)
Summer oaks goldens - NC (referred by a friend)
Trinity Goldens in SC was on my list but they have a 2+ year waitlist

·
Jennifer
140 Posts
I'm not familiar with Summer Oaks, but both Pendery (Penny Lites) and Heartland (Nancy Johnson) are wonderful people and breed beautiful/quality goldens. You can't go wrong with Penny or Nancy.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Do you know what the sire and dam's names would be for each perspective breeder? So the litters can be evaluated to clearances?

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
I dk Summer Oaks but do know both Penny and Nancy (Pendery and Heartland) and they are both good breeders you can trust.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dk Summer Oaks but do know both Penny and Nancy (Pendery and Heartland) and they are both good breeders you can trust.
Do you know anything about Trinity golden retrievers in TN/SC? I know a couple who has a dog from them that they adore. All their dogs are OFA and DNA panel tested. I believe they also show most of their dogs.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Do you know anything about Trinity golden retrievers in TN/SC? I know a couple who has a dog from them that they adore. All their dogs are OFA and DNA panel tested. I believe they also show most of their dogs.
Depends on the pairing. I looked at their website and I loved what I saw of it. Pedigree links. Clearance links. But some eyes are outdated (which may just be a COVID thing). And one of her girls (Boo) is missing elbows. It looks like her mentor might be Pat Simpson from Scion which is a trusted breeder as far as I'm aware.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts