Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next year photoshop will release CS6. Starting with CS6 Adobe will be enforcing a new upgrade policy. In early days you could update CS2 to CS4. But now you need the latest edion. So to upgrade to CS 6 you need CS 5 otherwise you have to pay the full price. If you are waiting to upgrade CS 2, 3 or 4 to CS 6 you better can first upgrade to CS5. If you do that before 31 december 2011 you will get 20% rebate.

The deblurring tool is great.

click

And even when your photo is underexposed CS6 can fix that. I think this release has some great tools for amateur photographers like you and me. :)

Click

Google on CS6 and you will find a lot of useful information.

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
The de-blurring looks awesome!

·
Just a Parent of 5 Golden
1,216 Posts
I'm sure that CS6 will have some extra tools that will be really good & useful over previous versions, but I saw this video a few months back and though WOW...
But then to only read weeks after it was posted that Adobe admitted that they had fudged it by getting a good shot and making it blurry then deblurring it using this tool...

I'm sure that it will work to a certain degree, but maybe not as good as many may like or hope to what Adobe's claims it can do...
Just like the content aware tool that Adobe almost made you think that it would remove anything in a photo to replace it with what was originally behind.
Although I do use it a lot, and it works to a very limited degree, but in reality it's not as good as doesn't do what Adobe claimed it would...

Just saying so peoples expectations don't get crushed when buying expensive software with claims of miraculous fixes and find it won't do what they want..!!!.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure that CS6 will have some extra tools that will be really good & useful over previous versions, but I saw this video a few months back and though WOW...
But then to only read weeks after it was posted that Adobe admitted that they had fudged it by getting a good shot and making it blurry then deblurring it using this tool...

I'm sure that it will work to a certain degree, but maybe not as good as many may like or hope to what Adobe's claims it can do...
Just like the content aware tool that Adobe almost made you think that it would remove anything in a photo to replace it with what was originally behind.
Although I do use it a lot, and it works to a very limited degree, but in reality it's not as good as doesn't do what Adobe claimed it would...

Just saying so peoples expectations don't get crushed when buying expensive software with claims of miraculous fixes and find it won't do what they want..!!!.
For me Photoshop is magic.
About the expectations; You can buy expensive software like photoshop but that's no guarantee you can fix every photo. I believe most of the time it's not the shortcoming of Photoshop but the ignorance of the user. You have to spent hundreds of hours and more on Photoshop to understand just a little bit of this program.

The content aware tool, you mentioned, can not remove every thing but in my opinion this is one of the "magic" examples of PS 5. Even the most uninitiated person can use it if the situation is not to difficult :)

Example (Photo just out of the camera)

A quick selection with the " lasso " tool.

Then click " Edit " -" Fill", "Select" -"Deselect" and "voila" . It took me 30 secunds :curtain: (Some after work has to be done) Isn't this magic ? :)

·
Just a Parent of 5 Golden
1,216 Posts
Nice job Rik, hard to beat Nik Software with all their filters...

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Need to save my pennies for CS6. I took a class over the fall/winter and got to use the pre-release software. It was AWESOME. It makes me feel pretty bad about my PS Elements! :)

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Need to save my pennies for CS6. I took a class over the fall/winter and got to use the pre-release software. It was AWESOME. It makes me feel pretty bad about my PS Elements! :)
I'm using CS for about 3 years but daily I find new features (for me new :) )
It's great.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts