Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to get my photo of some of my dog art work attached to my letters. Dear Sweet "Sucker for Gold" has helped me to be able to do this !
Thankyou friends all who have written !
Attached hopefully is the formal portrait that I did of Tristan , who was a Golden Labrador cross and the love of my life.
I hope that you can enjoy it !

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Olympia!

I am just so tickled that I actually attached the picture and it worked !
The base of the picture is watercolor and the hairs are done one at a time with colored ink.
I have done lots of animals and horses, dogs being the all time high.

Sometimes it takes up to 2 weeks to finish a portrait like that one.

I really REALLY enjoy the process, though. ;-)

Jan

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tristan's portrait was a colored ink and watercolor combination that I have used for all of my animal portraits.
Some of my horse are just fantastic, but the capturing of Triss' eyes and Soul combination makes it my all time favorite.
Oh, who's kidding? I was IN LOVE with that dog ! ;-)
Jan

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Tristan was a good looking dog and you do have a talent! (my stick figure drawings aren't even very good) :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Art

Hi Friends,

I do the art as a business.
Lately I have been swamped with work and loving it.
I had several years of illness, and am recovering so had to cut back n the drawing department.

I loved doing the animal portraits with the Soul showing through their eyes.;)

NOw I have to find the time to "do" my boy , Trinian, since we are connecting on a Soul Level.

Thanks for all the kind responses !

·
Registered
958 Posts
Nice job on getting the picture to post. It took me a while to figure out how to do everything here. It will also take you a while, but you will be a pro at it before long.

Can't wait to see a picture of Trinian, if you can get him to sit still long enough:p:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts